Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cure for AIDS!

1. Cure for AIDS!

The cure for AIDS...

According to this article a man was cured of AIDS after a bone marrow transplant. They are probably going to have to replicate this in a lot more studies and I think the operation will be expensive were poor people won't be able to afford it.
    Last edited by Daitokuji; 13 Nov 2008 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daitokuji View Post
    were normal people
    Whose normal people?

3. the CIA will put a quick stop to this

4. and THE PATRIOTS!

Our very safety has been compromised by reading this article.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I hear Balrog's moveset includes the Fried Chicken Right Cross, The Watermelon Wipeout Punch, and the Welfare Blaster.
    I SWEAR IF YOU BITCH ABOUT TWINSTICKS I WILL BREAK MY FOOT OFF IN YOUR ASS

5. According to the Medical Hypotheses journal, between the years of 1982 and 1996, at least 32 patients received similar treatments. Of them, only two are reported to have been cured of AIDS. Hütter said he read the report in 1996 and after doing so, he decided to try the treatment.
    Bone marrow transplants kill nearly 30% of those who receive them and are very difficult to perform.
    Not really a cure, but as another article mentioned about this subject, people gonna look at this and perhaps a true cure will come in the future.Seems more like a guide line to perhaps the right treatment/cure for the future.

Happened to read an article this morning about another way they *think* they found to slow things down, IIRC it was a way to revive the cells the HIV virus kills which ofcourse leads to more resistance to the virus, but then again this could also lead that the virus itself will mutate and be more aggresive.

6. Cure for AIDS in two steps:

1) Cure it.

2) Don't tell anyone you cured it. The amount of wanton fucking going on after "AIDS Cured!" headlines pop up is going to make it Very Easy for a similar if not worse epidemic to spawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. Yeah the gist of the story is the AIDS guy got new bone marrow from an AIDS immune guy, but that whole process of leukemia treatment has a huge risk of death and further compromising the immune system for the treatment makes it a risk greater than should be considered for a "cure". But it's a start!

We haven't really managed to cure any virus that well, really. Viruses are nasty.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

10. No one's every going to "cure" AIDS. What else would we have to talk about besides your mom?