Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wrestler

1. The Wrestler

Randy "Ram" Robinson (Mickey Rourke) is a professional wrestler from the 1980s who is forced to retire after a heart attack threatens to kill him the next time he wrestles. He takes a job at a deli, attempts to form a relationship with an aging stripper (Marisa Tomei) and does his best to reconcile with his estranged daughter (Evan Rachel Wood). However, he is drawn to the prospect of a rematch with his old wrestling nemesis the Ayatollah (Ernest Miller), even though the fight may cost him his life.

Looks like it might be pretty good. It's been getting all kinds of Oscar buzz this year.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

2. More nakers Marisa Tomei, you say?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

This does look good.

4. Mickey Rourke is going to be awesome in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Looks great. Rourke's wrestling persona looks amazing too. I heard Nicolas Cage was originally cast as the wrestler. Glad they didn't make that wooden mistake. Dude can't act worth shit. Rourke was a dead fucking good choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Darren Aronofsky was all I needed to see, day one.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

7. Looks excellent, and I dig the homage to Beyond the Mat (the scene with "The Ram" and his daughter is shot exactly like a similar scene in BtM with Jake Roberts and his daughter).
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

Bullshit. Its a standard shot. You're just seeing what you want to see.

9. I can't believe how good this looks. I mean, it's a drama based on fucking pro wrestling.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. A lot of people in pro wrestling have fascinating stories behind them.