Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14242627282930 LastLast

Thread: The Indie Rock Thread!

1. The new Ozma album delivers. Track 5, "heartache vs heartbreak," is among the best songs they've ever recorded. I strongly recommend this album not only to indy rock fans, but to anyone who likes pleasure.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Anyway, the bands I've gotten into this year are The Fratellis, and I jumped late on the wagon with the Arctic Monkeys. I don't think I've read anything on TNL about AM, so if you haven't heard them, believe the hype. These kids are good. Both are Brit rock bands, but the AM songs are more music you can run from the bobbies to, where as The Fratellis are like the early sixties rock you could dance to.
    Arctic Monkeys are nowt but a half-arsed Libertines ripoff. Some of their songs are pretty catchy, but I never found anything else there. Just indicative of the dumbing down of UK indiepop, imo.

The Fratellis sound like almost every other indie band around at the moment, too. I just find them all so, so dull.
    BTFJ

3. Is Interpol worth checking out?
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

4. First Interpol album = a classic, 9/10
    Second = pretty good 6.5/10
    Third = vanilla 5/10

Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    Charlie is going to be a father soon.
    He's a dad now! I met the kid at the Ottobar. I can't remember if its a boy or a girl because I'm an asshole.

6. The debut Los Campesinos! album is out; it's pretty fucking good, insanely fun and pretentious.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

7. Someone get that up in the usual places.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. I will when/if I head to my parents place.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

9. i hope im not repeating anyone, but if you havent yet check out:

the airborne toxic event
    the matches

and who else here remembers Finch? what it is to burn was bitchen
    Wear more flannel.

10. Are there people who don't know The Matches?

And yeah, What It Is To Burn was great, to bad their later albums weren't as good.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.