Thread: Whale Wars

1. Whale Wars

I find myself rooting for the whalers while watching this. If some motherfuckers boarded my boat and then started screaming that I'm holding them... I mean holy fucking shit! Bunch of snotty shits doing it wrong.

Your take?
    Boo, Hiss.

2. Totally agree. The guys are a bunch of assholes. It sounds to me like the whaling is legal, or at worst a grey area in the law. The one I saw they sent 2 guys to board a Japanese boat, and then got all incensed that the Japanese people tried to throw them overboard (but didn't) and then took them back to Japan. So they immediately put out a press release that the Japanese had taken hostages. They aren't hostages if you sent them to the other boat in the first place dipshits! And fuck it, if someone boarded my boat I'd throw them overboard and not think twice about it. That's just self defense. After the "hostages" were back in Japan the captain pretended this is how he knew it would happen all along, and that the Japanese had taken the bait, even though the camera was on him and his whole crew freaking out the whole time. They just want attention. Even the ocean has trolls.

3. Well, these guys are assholes I agree. But whaling is really, really horrible. So even though they're huge dicks, I reluctantly appreciate what they're doing (even though I think there are better ways to go about it).

The thing too is that, whaling isn't illegal everywhere (though commercial whaling was banned in 1986), but there are things all whalers do that are illegal. Like for example, taking their boats into whale sanctuary waters (whaling free) and whaling there. That's illegal because the whales are supposed to be safe there. The Japanese do this all the time in the waters south of Japan though. There are no laws that govern humane killing of whales, the whalers can kill them however they like. Whalers used to use nearly every part of the animal for something, nowadays though there is no need, so they're just killed for their flesh. And the waters they catch them in are sometimes so polluted, they can't even use their flesh - so that whale was killed for absolutely no reason.

I dunno, I could go on. I don't like that show because I think the guys are huge jag offs (or trolls haha), but I guess all I'm saying is that the whalers do things that should constitute them as the bigger assholes.
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.