Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Laptop (again)

1. Personally I would take more power over a better looking case. Getting the most power you can buy is going to get you a laptop that theoretically will last longer.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Tones View Post
    I think you just need to find out what is more important to you, power or pizazz.
    Or food? This is a lot of money on a laptop for someone who isn't Biff.

3. Money isn't an issue. I'm about 26k under budget for law school and actually canceled out some of my student loans. I would be 40k under but medical bills ate 14k. I've still got signifigant debt but spending money on a laptop isn't really going to matter.

4. So you overestimated by an absurd amount when coming up with your budget in order to justify blowing thousands on toys?
    That's a pretty good system you have there.

5. no.

6. You don't have to be Biff to afford a brand-spankin' new kick-ass computer every few years. Get a job. Shut up and help her with her questions. Her budget is none of your concern.
    Last edited by Mykozo; 08 Dec 2008 at 06:18 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by MarsKitten View Post
    Also I did my budget. due to my recent medical fun my entertainment and food budgets are shot. No discretionary/going out/booze spending till at least January. I have to ask the parents for money to fill the perscriptions. I hate doing that.

8. My budget for the semester was/still is shot. I keep a seperate tally for law school as a whole. That one is under because i didn't booze much, avoided discretionary spending (bought less video games, ate out 3-4x a month tops) and stayed rent/car/doctor bill payment free for as long as i could. This semester i lowered my student loan amount because i figured i wouldn't need it to cover shit. I did.

In response I've bitched out my insurance guys and got some of my stuff reembursed ($2000 worth) and will get a check for it "soon" according to them. I'm still trying to get them to cover more, and i'm trying to convince my g/f to talk to the hospital to see if they'll waive more of her payments. When finals are over i'll have more time to make calls and talk about reembursements and sell my overly expensive books. But my shitty semester isn't about the money, it was about having my g/f hit by a car, the mri/cancer scare/migraine thing and my depression saying hello.
    Last edited by MarsKitten; 09 Dec 2008 at 02:17 PM.

Also, do you plan on selling your current machine? That could probably make it a little easier to swallow, and thankfully, macs actually have resale value when they're a few years old so you should get a decent amount.

10. I'm probably going to give it to my mom. Who always supports me and such. Sides she's helped with many bills over the years and the good will would be worth it and pay itself back in spades when i need it.