Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 3 on 3 NHL Arcade

Quote Originally Posted by The_Meach View Post
    My brother and I wasted many hours on this, the best hockey game I've ever played. It's no NBA Street, but it's pretty damn awesome.
    There are so many things wrong with this.

2. Street is one of my faves, too.

It pretty much single-handily revitalized the arcade sports genre back in 2001.

Midway probably goes under a few years earlier and we never even see Hitz if Street doesn't come along and save the arcade sports genre from the irrelevance that Midway was pushing it into back then.
    Last edited by jyoung; 15 Feb 2009 at 01:42 AM.

3. Street (the original) is still my all-time fav sports game.

Weeman, sounds like this XBLA-only NHL game is worth $10? I'll pick up a copy if you'd want to play. and sorry I keep turning down your GoW2 invites...I don't have Gears 2; lol @ me
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

4. The gameplay is awesome.

The lack of modes/content isn't.

But if you've got people to play with/against locally, I'd say it's definitely worth it; my roommate doesn't even like sports that much but we've been tearing people up online.

I use the stipulation of "locally" because I know you can form teams of three if everybody's on the same console, but I'm not sure if you can team up with friends online.

If you can, that would give the game a lot more legs than just being something to whip out when friends are over, or for a quick burst of dumb fun in the 1 vs. 1 ranked games.

I'll have to try it out today and get back to you.
    Last edited by jyoung; 15 Feb 2009 at 01:48 PM.

5. After looking through all the options, it seems that the only way to get more than just yourself on a team is to use local players.

So I would say the game is only worth getting if you have locals to play with/against.

6. Worthless