Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 on 3 NHL Arcade

3 on 3 NHL Arcade

Quote Originally Posted by IGN
    December 4, 2008 - Electronic Arts is poised to officially announce tomorrow that 3 on 3 NHL Arcade, an all-new downloadable hockey experience, is currently under development at EA Canada by the same team that produced NHL 09 and will be available on Xbox LIVE and the Playstation Network in February of 2009. 3 on 3 NHL Arcade promises to provide a lightning-paced, no rules hockey experience that gamers of all ages and ability levels can enjoy, and will be priced at 800 MS Points and $9.99 respectively.

Push a powered-up backhand past the bobble-headed goalie.

"Available through a simple digital download, 3 on 3 NHL Arcade is perfect for sports fans who want to experience the thrill of NHL hockey at a great value without worrying about the rules of the sport," said Dave McCarthy, vice president, EA SPORTS. "Accessibility is really important. We have worked to make sure that come February, 3 on 3 NHL Arcade is a lot of fun for players of all skill levels."

With no rules to hinder the action, 3 on 3 NHL Arcade will allow gamers to enjoy the sport without the having to worry about adhering to icing, checking and other cumbersome regulations. And, the all-new physics engine that was introduced in NHL 09 is back, but with one small adjustment – now each hit is specifically designed to be absolutely huge. Now gamers will be able to hit the opposition with such bone-crushing checks that his victim will literally be blasted clear over the boards and off the rink.

One look at the exaggerated player renderings the 40 NHL stars who appear in 3 on 3 NHL Arcade is all it takes to realize that this isn't a typical hockey simulation. However, if that isn't enough to convince you, the game-changing power-ups (such as super speed and gigantism) that drop onto the ice throughout each contest should do the trick.

Every hit in 3 on 3 NHL Arcade is designed to be a BIG hit.

Players will be able to compete against friends one-on-one online, or with up to three players on each side (three players on one console can play against three players on another console) engaging in three-on-three mayhem. Of course, 3 on 3 NHL Arcade will also feature the ranked and unranked online contests that gamers have come to expect from EA Sports.

The developers at EA Sports are also packing 3 on 3 NHL Arcade with two distinct control schemes; The Skill Stick featured in the last three NHL titles is back, along with all new button controls that map everything to the face buttons for ease of play. 3 on 3 NHL Arcade will also introduce trick moves to the world of NHL hockey, allowing players to perform spin moves to avoid nasty oncoming checks or blast the puck out of the air and past a diving goalie.
    http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/935/935735p1.html

2. Wow that looks like garbage

3. I hope "big head mode" is only an option like it was in the old Midway games.

Anyway, EA Canada is the best of the EA Sports teams, so I'll at least give this a try based on the reputation they've built for themselves.

4. I'm down.

5. The nhl arcade game Midway made years ago was a lot of fun. It was like NBA Jam on ice.

6. NHL Hitz.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    NHL Hitz.
    I think he's talking about NHL 3 on 3 Open Ice Challenge.

It was in arcades and on PS1.

8. I am intrigued the reason stated by weeman. NHL 09 is awesome and an arcadey hockey game by the same dev should be interesting.

all of that wayne gretzky 3d hockey and shit like that was fun, but this looks terrible. Bobblehead players can eat it.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    I think he's talking about NHL 3 on 3 Open Ice Challenge.

It was in arcades and on PS1.
    You're right. I misread arcade as "arcadey".