Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: City of Lost Children

1. City of Lost Children

One of the best movies I have ever seen, let alone one of the best foreign films ever.

It's dark, gritty, brooding, and maligned, as well as innocent, hopeful, and visually remarkable.

My friend payed $100.00 cash for a VHS copy without a sleeve (pre-DVD). Cassette only. It was this tape that he let me borrow. I love this movie.

Anyone else see it? I still have to buy it on DVD. Then, I'll be able to see it in English, as opposed to French.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

2. ...

Yes I loved this film...truly unique and amazing...I would definitely like to get the DVD...
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

3. This is one of those films I've always been meaning to watch, but never have.

It's high time I check it out. Thanks for the reminder, Capn!

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

4. Originally posted by BioMechanic
    This is one of those films I've always been meaning to watch, but never have.

It's high time I check it out. Thanks for the reminder, Capn!
    You got it, Sexy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

5. Why would you want to see this film dubbed? Dubbing(unless done VERY RIGHT), is usually ruins film for me(I just seen too many bad dubs, especially for HK films ). I prefer to watch it with subs, even though if I have to read them

Ok, Back on the topic. Its a great film, wonderful visuals, dark, imaginative story and production, weird characters, nice sets, and good actor performances.

6. Well...the movie is weird as hell. I like it though. One of the weirdest movies I've ever seen (and I've seen lots of weird movies). It's got tons of great ideas though. That Chaplin impression is funny as hell with the potatoes. I saw it a while ago when it first was available for rental at stores. If you have the chance get the DVD. It's on my list of DVDs to get but I won't be getting that for a while cause my list is getting a bit large.

Later all...

7. ANyone here play the game?
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

8. This has some of the best art design and direction in any film ever. One of my favourites.

9. Weird. I just rented the DVD of this last week

I thought it was a cool movie, and that headgreat shit they wore was cool.
    I actually fell asleep during the last bit of it (don't ask), so I'll have to watch it again sometime.

- Kabuki

10. Originally posted by TobalRox
    ANyone here play the game?
    I have the game, but haven't seen the movie... odd... wait, no it's not....