Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help a picky fan select some new titles

1. Quote Originally Posted by Anal Kaboom View Post
    I second Gurren-Lagann.

Best.Anime.
    Thirded.

It really is good. Bleach is good, but after the Third Season it gets bad.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. I'm currently watching Mushi-shi, and it's absolutely incredible.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

3. Quote Originally Posted by BioMechanic View Post
    I'm currently watching Mushi-shi, and it's absolutely incredible.
    Peeps were talkin' about this in another thread and you just reminded me that I was meaning to get to it.

You probably shouldn't watch Gurren-Lagann before watching Bleach. I lost alot of interest in some of the animes that I was watching at the time (mainly Naruto and Bleach). They just don't hold up. I end up comparing them to Gurren-Lagann and up hating them.
    Last edited by Anal Kaboom; 15 Dec 2008 at 05:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

4. Gankutsuou and Last Exile are pretty friggin' awesome.

5. If you like real and gritty, stay away from FLCL and Dead Leaves. Both are rather insane and exaggerated. Same with Gurren Lagann, only it's better written than most anime as a whole so you might actually enjoy it.

I say this as a fan of all three of these.

First off, Now and Then, Here and There. Given some more time, TrialSword would've been in here jizzing all over this thread about this show. I've just saved you all some cleaning time. Believe me, though, if you've seen this show you'd be prone to this, as well.

I'll also throw in a recommendation for Heat Guy J, if you haven't seen it. It's quite a bit of fun.

I also got a huge recommendation from a friend with great taste last night about a movie called "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time." If you get a chance, give it a watch. He says it's better than all Satoshi Kon films combined.

6. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    If you like real and gritty, stay away from FLCL and Dead Leaves.
    I really like what I've seen of the art style of both, so I thought I'd give them a shot. Dead Leaves is arriving tomorrow from Netflix!

First off, Now and Then, Here and There.
    Actually I have seen this, and loved it.

I'll also throw in a recommendation for Heat Guy J, if you haven't seen it. It's quite a bit of fun. I also got a huge recommendation from a friend with great taste last night about a movie called "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time."
    Not the first time I've been recommended both of these. Added! Thanks.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

7. Moon phase, don't be fooled by the haters this is a really good and deep drama.

8. I just watched the first three episodes of Casshern sins and I liked it quite a bit. You might want to check that out. it's a little stylized but you forget about how it looks about seven minutes in. The first episode starts up really slow by the way.

9. http://www.hulu.com/ has a buncha anime up on it now. Started watching Galaxy Express this morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!