Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4678

Thread: A Video Tour of Joust Williams' Game Room

1. fatal fury final fight final fantasy oh no how dare they

2. Double Dragon Double Dungeons Animegirl's chest, I'm so confused!

Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    HEY, LET'S RUIN A JOKE BY THEN COMPLETELY SPELLING OUT WHAT SAID JOKE WAS IN FACT REFERRING TO.

Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo View Post
    I've gotta say, I'm loving the sudden worldwide GTA IV backlash. It was all I could do to keep from vomiting during the THIS IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER COME HUMANITY LET US PLAY IT AS ONE thing happening in the (completely paid off and/or cowed) media around its launch.

"Oh, Nico's such a real character. Oh, I'm so addicted to the missions. Oh, this is the only true realization of next generation evolvolutionatoriological techmology."

6 months later..."whatever happened to that game? Nobody ever talks about it anymore. Oh yeah, thats right...none of us actually finished it because it was shallow & repetitive. Wonder why the entire world never noticed all these games are like that before and - whoa, now that I think about it this is like the exact same premise as Scarface. OH HEY LOOK BRITNEY SPEARS HEADLINE ON DMZ CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK "
    I'm a big fan of the 3d GTA games and I was backlashing against the overhype and presumably paid off reviewers giving it perfect scores from day one. It's a really good game, and I finished it, but it's mostly more of the same with better graphics and a handy GPS so it's not GOTY material for me.

GTA3 was a milestone for sandbox design (I wish all the people who hate it would acknowledge it was good even if personally doesn't appeal to them) and I expected by finally officially going to number 4 this time, it would be much more ambitious than the side-story sequels. There's still a good amount of freedom and emergent situations (which is why these games aren't shallow) in the driving parts but I think they could have made the on-foot mission areas better by having more routes through areas. The monetary system is kind of pointless, too, since you never run out of cash unless you play horribly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    So these two guys walk into a bar...

HOW DO YOU KNOW, I BET YOU WEREN'T EVEN THERE!

I think the voice is Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys

Nah, Bubbles just sounds like an idiot with a trashy Maritimes accent. He doesn't sound creepy like that other voice.