Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Resurrection begins July 12th...

The Resurrection begins July 12th...

Yeah the return of Michael Myers! in Halloween Ressurection
    The Halloween series is my favorite of all the Horror series. Why? Cause they never turned Michael Myers into a comic type character like Freddy Kruger or Jason. The premise is pretty cool, a bunch of teens staying over night in Myers old House I believe, sort of a reality based show and then you can figure out the rest on where the story goes.

I do question based on past Halloweens how Michael Myers keeps on coming back esp after H20 but he is a welcome return. Busta Rhymes vs. Michael Myers should be fun, but what's up with all the rappers LL Cool J,Busta?

Nice to see Jamie Lee Curtis return.

The Movie should have been out long ago but apparently there were some script rewrites.

Me I'm there opening day myself since I don't know anyone who likes Horror films.

*Waits for Despair to say Halloween isn't a favorite of his but will rent it on video*

I'll join Despair, only I'll say Halloween sucks.

You question how he comes back after H20? I question how he comes back after Halloween 2 after being shot in both eyes and blown up.

3. Michael Myers has been a comic character in everything since the original.

Scream was one of the worst things to happen to the horror genre - before it came out, films like this, H20 and Jason X would never have been made. I hope to God that Freddy doesn't make ANOTHER comeback. At least he's got the sense to stay dead.

*checks Resurrection off his list*

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

So not much love for Halloween round here even from Horror fans?

I still think that the Halloween Movies still attempt to be scary unlike Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street.

Originally posted by BioMechanic
    Michael Myers has been a comic character in everything since the original.

Scream was one of the worst things to happen to the horror genre - before it came out, films like this, H20 and Jason X would never have been made. I hope to God that Freddy doesn't make ANOTHER comeback. At least he's got the sense to stay dead.

*checks Resurrection off his list*
    Hmm I still wanna see that Freddy vs. Jason Movie.

6. Well, Halloween is not my favorite horror series, but I might rent it when it comes on video..

Wait the minute !!!

Anyway, Yes, I'm not big Halloween fan, but if the new one stays close the roots of the original, it might be good, or at least fans will enjoy it.

I wonder how Michael will come back to life, after being decapitated in H2O? Grow another head? Or will he go Jason goes to Hell, body snatching route?

I would still choose Friday 13th series over Halloween, I always liked them more, they had more gore , action and better/imaginative ways to kill off the cast. Plus not all of the Friday films are silly, only the last few ones.

Friday 13th 6: Jason Lives is actually very good, its quite suspensful, has some cool action/stunts, and Jason actually not some manica in the mask, but undead presence of unstopable evil

As for all Freddy films, they are great, and can be watch just for special fx alone

The original Nightmare on Elm Street was scary as hell, took a real original stance to the typical slasher flick with the whole dreams thing. But then it got silly. Halloween was always stupid though, even though the first one gets props for kicking off the (usually awful) teen slasher flick and for probably being the most sucessful independent film ever.

8. Just here to say that Halloween III is my favorite in the series (despite being completely disconnected with the rest of them).

9. I always thought the first halloween was the best stalker-slasher flick. It has the most "real" character development of any film. I also liked the 2nd film because it was more or less still continueing the story where Jamie and Michael first fought. I mean, look at it this way, after being shot out the window and dissapearing, the story went on as if it didn't miss a beat and shows us that Jamie's nightmare was just beginning. I'm thinking that if anything, I'd like to see a re-release of both part 1 and 2 as a 4 hour horror drama with the ending of the first and beginning of the second edited together. This way, we still have a very solid story that would stand as one of the all-time best.

*spoiler* How does Micheal return this time? Well, let's just say that the guy that lost his head at the end of H20 isn't Michael...
    don't wanna tangle with you, I'd rather tangle with him.
    I think I'm gonna bash his head in...

10. YAAAAWWwwnnwnnnn...

::wipes sleep from eyes:: What? Michael lives?

YAAAAWWwwnnwnnnn...