Thread: Official Apple Games Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Terminator Salvation?
    Here's a clue: It starts with a "P" and ends with an "eggle."
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

2. Perminator Salvationeggle?
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

3. Winner!
    K3V is awesome!

4. I've finally started buying iPhone games. Been buying iTunes cards at Target and loading up my account.

My first was Bomberman Touch, but I was disappointed with how much the controls suck. I always get stuck on the edge of corners. Nice presentation but I don't think it works well on iPhone.

I bought Zenonia. This game is friggin great. It looked like Zelda but it plays similar to Secret of Mana. Shortly into the game I began to notice its Korean heritage. Grinding galore. There's a lot of micro-management. You have to eat food to keep your SP up (like magic). Your equipment wears as you use it and take damage. You have to keep track of the weight of all the items you carry. But as TrialSword says, you can't beat the value. It's a great game, artwork and music are good, script is kinda lame but funny. If you have an iPhone/iTouch you should have this game.

Edge. I heard about this one because of the scandal actually. It's back for sale and it's an amazing game. Aesthetically it reminds me of Rez or N or maybe Cosmic Smash. It's so simple that I can't believe it's so fun. The touch controls work very well, I don't think this gameplay would work well with a dpad or analog stick. Great sound design and soundtrack, which you can download from their site for free.

Mecho Wars just came out. This is a clean-looking Advance Wars clone. Only played a couple tutorial missions but it looks awesome.

It's crazy that I got all of these games for about $20. It's amazing that we can get that kind of value. I wonder if that kind of value is enough to support the developers so we can keep playing great games for cheap.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mechowars3-379x253.jpg 
Views:	467 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	46558   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zenonia-377x253.jpg 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	46559   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edgereturns.jpg 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	46560  

5. Have you guys tried out iFighter yet? It's been by far my favorite iphone mass-distraction of yet. It was developed by a really small studio called EpicForce, who were obviously big fans of Capcom's 194x series, and pulled off the homage beautifully. They really got the motion controls down, as well. At first, I didn't think they would be accurate enough for this level of twitch, but they end up working beautifully when you quickly get the hang of them. If you like shooters, you'll love this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ifighter.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	173.4 KB 
ID:	46562  
    Last edited by Lobo; 22 Jun 2009 at 02:20 PM.

6. How about that Peggle? Not too long ago it was only $.99.

7. Back to $4.99 noob!
    K3V is awesome!

8. *Pokes head in to see if anybody, anywhere, has released a smart phone with a d-pad.

No?

*Leaves

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Have you guys tried out iFighter yet? It's been by far my favorite iphone mass-distraction of yet. It was developed by a really small studio called EpicForce, who were obviously big fans of Capcom's 194x series, and pulled off the homage beautifully. They really got the motion controls down, as well. At first, I didn't think they would be accurate enough for this level of twitch, but they end up working beautifully when you quickly get the hang of them. If you like shooters, you'll love this.
    Have you played Siberian Strike? How does it compare to this?