Page 14 of 248 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Apple Games Thread

1. Castle of Magic is fun, but I still have issues with touch screen d-pad's. They just aren't accurate enough and cause me to want to throw my phone across the room.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

2. The worst offender in that area is Zenonia, though apparently the next update is going to fix it somewhat. I'll probably check Castle of Magic out soon. Hero of Sparta was a decent buy at one dollar, but man the frame lag gets pretty atrocious.

3. I dunno if it's been mentioned already, but Isotope is pretty great. It's a twin-"stick" shooter similar to Geometry Wars in it's presentation, but features a deep ship customisation system and campaign mode. It even has online leaderboards.

I found the 'sticks' to be very responsive, and I have big fat man-thumbs (that other games - like Zenonia - hate).
    ABOUT ME.

"Underground music should have its back turned, it needs to be gone, untrackable, unreadable"

4. How much is it?

5. $2.99, im trying the lite version
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

6. Doom Resurrection hit today. I'm downloading it now, I'll post impressions once I'm able to get my hands on it.
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

7. $9.99 for an accelerometer controlled rail shooter? Fuck that, I wouldn't bite at $.99 for anything with such a busted ass control scheme.

8. Neither would I.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

9. My favorite picks from the app store are:

Peggle
    Zenonia
    Isotope (as mentioned above, Tons of ships and configurations to mess with)
    GeoDefense (Still the best TD game in the store IMO, with FF Crystal defenders & Defenders Chronicles right behind)

If anyone is still looking for an arcade shooter, Skyforce & Hotfield are the best here, skyforce is raiden inspired and Hotfield is a bullet hell style game that is pulled off better than I would have though possible on this device. Both have well implemented touch controls which is ultimately why they get my vote. iFighter's background maps are too wide with a poorly implemented scrolling point that makes dodging pretty unmanageable. Soviet Strikers has the same problem too. BOOOOOORING selection of weapons that you will see all there is to see of by the middle of the first stage. It is all ho hum after that.