Page 17 of 248 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Apple Games Thread

1. That's right, everyone's favorite ass kicker and bubble gum enthusiast is making a new home on the iPhone, as IGN reports 3D Realms' superb FPS, Duke Nukem 3D, will be available on the iPhone App store soon. Ported by Machineworks Northwest, this direct PC port will feature the entire original game, so you'll be able to tip those working girls and relieve yourself in the game's many bathrooms soon enough.

After spending some time with a preview build, IGN had nothing but good things to say, especially about the improved graphics. IGN didn't knock the controls, either, and said there will be two options: tap-to-shoot and a classic scheme. There's no word on when the game will be available on the App store, but we'll be sure to let you know as soon as it is.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

Quote Originally Posted by TrialSword View Post
    The amount of shit you can do with free apps is worth the monthly price alone. It's a legitimately useful device on every level.

EDIT: Some caveats though. One, no flash support in the browser. This is NOT due to tech limits. It's due to stubborn assedness on Job's part for wanting to build support for his own web based video client. That means no support for most online video sites, flash sites, etc.

Second is battery life. 5-6 hours tops, no matter what the fuck they say. That's if you're using it. Idle time it can last like 2 days or so.
    Also, no pictures in text messages. This kills me, daily.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

If people want me to see a picture they can email it to me. If they can't do this from their phone this is their problem, not mine.

IBTN

5. It's a moot point anyway, MMS will be good to go by August (if AT&T gets its shit together) I'm not holding my breath on the promised tethering, but it would be nice.

Isotope, Star Defense and Hotfield have taken up a lot of my iphone time lately. Debating on getting Doom Resurrection or waiting for a price drop.

6. Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Hey guys honest opinions. Iphone or not to Iphone? I know I few of you just got one. Worth being an Iphag?
    Depends on if you want internet or games.

If the games do it for you, get an Iphone. If you likes yourself some internet, get something like a Samsung Omnia or other high-end Windows Mobile 6 phone that can run Skyfire and give you full Flash/everything online (Youtube/Hulu/etc).

Of secondary consideration is do you like the best interface or flexibility. Win Mobile isn't as nice to use as an Iphone. Iphone's apps lock you in to what is approved.

I went with a Samsung Omnia Win Mobile 6. I wish the games didn't suck, but Skyfire and Orb make it all worth it.

7. While I'm here, anybody else shocked that those clip-on Bluetooth joypads never caught on? These phones (Apple or other) would kick so much ass if they just had a controller.

8. I don't understand why the US still uses SMS and MMS, shit is retarded. All phones should just do e-mail.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

10. No shit. My daughter ran up a $500 messaging bill in one month.