Page 29 of 248 FirstFirst ... 152527282930313343 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Apple Games Thread

1. The makers of Zenonia have a new action RPG hack n slash game. It looks pretty nice, but I may wait a bit before gettting it....just because I have a bunch to play at the moment.

They also have another one of their baseball games out which looks charming. Anyone played the first one? Looks nice and there is a demo I think of the first one.

The upcoming movie Pandorum has a RE style game out too. Honestly I don't really care for these type of games on the iphone and haven't heard of the movie. But maybe some of you are into em.

Speaking of which, remember the psx game pandemonium? I remember gamefan gushing about the game when we used to get loads of 2.5 platformers. Well oddly enough its on the iphone/ipod too.

2. Canabalt is out today.

Buy because it's awesome, or play for free on the site.
    ABOUT ME.

"Underground music should have its back turned, it needs to be gone, untrackable, unreadable"

3. That is entertaining, how much is it?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. $3.99, which is too much. I'd steal it but I still haven't upgraded to OS 3.1, which this requires.
    ABOUT ME.

"Underground music should have its back turned, it needs to be gone, untrackable, unreadable"

5. Way too expensive. It's a cool game, but it shouldn't cost more than $.99.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. Everyone should buy Super K.O. Boxing 2.

It's punchout and it's awesome.

EDIT: Also, Radio Flare is free this weekend.
    Last edited by bbobb; 04 Oct 2009 at 11:10 AM.

7. Cannabalt is actually 2.99. Actual value is debatable.

I've been playing the following religiously and would love to start comparing scores (which I think works if we're facebook friends via openfeint or plus+ ) :

Doodle Jump
    Skeeball
    Orbital
    iBlast Moki
    Drop7
    Sqaureball
    Geodefense/GD Swarm

Props to Eliss and Zen Bound for my "go to" chill out sessions.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

Lets compare geodefense scores, you homo!

9. I've got around 43,000 on Doodle Jump.
    Then I usually get a cheap death.

10. I'm sure my GD scores suck since I've only been playing for the stage clear, not score, but I just finished up the three new levels that came with the last update. Just when you think you are done with the game they pop out with more hard levels. =) I love GD, easily my most played TD game, and possibly the most played game on my phone.

Also, Sketchbook is easily the best drawing app I've used on the iPhone (I have purchased 3 others) and I highly recommend it to anyone who might enjoy sketching like this on the go. I posted a doodle of a zombie made with this app in the Draw Something Dammit thread in artists block if you are interested.
    Last edited by JM; 05 Oct 2009 at 12:04 AM.