Page 7 of 248 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Apple Games Thread

1. Didn't know Sparta got a price cut...may have to check it out.

2. I highly recommend iDracula. It's only $0.99 temporarily with a bunch of new stuff coming in an update, and it's a badass werewolf murdering twin stick style top down shooter.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

3. Star Trigun is kind of a big deal.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

4. If anyone here likes DDR at all I highly recommend checking out DDR S. It's the first thing that made me drain my iphone batteries in one sitting.

5. Agreed on that. 7 bucks buys you 28 songs, 3 difficulties for each, full arcade options, Oni courses, lots of dancers, and a shake mode. It's a pretty amazing value.

6. The best game I've played so far is Fantastic Contraption. It's a sort of Incredible Machine-ish type game with cool physics. I was kind of obsessed with the Flash version of this game last year, and the iPhone port is well done and has a bunch more levels. It also allows you to share solutions to levels, or create your own levels. It has a couple major issues:
    1. It's really tricky trying to move a point to exactly the place you want it.
    2. It crashes all the time.

Also played:
    - Black Mamba Racing - top-down racer with super-drifty physics and controls you can kind of get used to. The later races get frustrating.
    - Rolando - Played the first 10 or so levels and it seems to be a lot of style and pretty boring gameplay. I'll stick with it for a few more levels to see if anything fun happens.
    - Motocross - Trials bike game with terrible tilt controls.
    - Heavy Mach - Nice graphics, but this game is the worst.
    - Star Trigon - Basically a perfect port of an awesome arcade game from Team Driller. The game has never been ported to another platform. Has some extra levels and an extra character. The game is really hard and it controls perfectly.

7. Holy crap! Wolfenstein 3d is out on Iphone/touch?! LOL!
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

8. YEP! Carmack actually released the source for free yesterday, which is fucking sweet because I got to see how it was coded as well as compile it directly to my phone. WIN!
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

9. Mega Man is back! Capcom has just released Mega Man II onto the iTunes App Store. This iPhone/iPod Touch port features a virtual arcade stick and two buttons. Will it feature the precision needed for demanding needs of Mega Man? Well, we hope so -- because throwing your expensive iPhone at the wall in frustration is probably not a good idea.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

10. There's no way I would attempt to play MM2 with a touch screen.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.