Thread: recommend me a USB hub please

1. recommend me a USB hub please

For the longest time I've been having trouble with my M-audio Trigger Finger cutting out on my laptop. I tried using an additional AC adapter plugged into my trigger finger but it still drops midi. So after awhile of trouble shooting and searching around the m-audio forums, it seems I need to get a powered USB hub.

So what I need is for some recommendations for a USB hub. I looked on bestbuy.com but they only had like 2 belkin hubs and not many user reviews. I don't really know what the standard for USB slots are but anything from 4 slots or more will be nice. It has to be a powered USB and not rely on the power of the laptop. I'm mainly just using it for my trigger finger, but later on I may just start plugging more midi devices into it for live performance and stuff.

Thanks for any help

2. Just check on Newegg. Powered usually means it'll carry a USB 2.0 signal.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    Just check on Newegg. Powered usually means it'll carry a USB 2.0 signal.
    Thanks, checking there now. I thought powered meant it used a DC hookup, cause I seen alot of em on there that run off USB power alone.

4. You'll want one with with a power cord. What I said was worded weird. What I meant was that 99% of the corded ones are USB 2.0 where ones that run off of the usb power alone sometimes aren't.

5. I recommend this one.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hub-main-thumb.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	42839  
    Last edited by YellerDog; 18 Dec 2008 at 10:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!