Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Torino

1. Film Gran Torino

I would like to grow up to be like Clint Eastwood. Eastwood the director, Eastwood the actor, Eastwood the invincible, Eastwood the old man. What other figure in the history of the cinema has been an actor for 53 years, a director for 37, won two Oscars for direction, two more for best picture, plus the Thalberg Award, and at 78 can direct himself in his own film and look meaner than hell? None, that's how many.
    Ebert

site
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 18 Dec 2008 at 10:27 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. I saw the trailer on TV ... looks fucking awesome.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

3. This is out now, but it appears to be a limited release so far as the closest it's playing to me is in Manhattan. I might check it out this weekend, unless there's plans to open it in wide release down the road.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. I wish I could say "GET OFF MY LAWN!" the way Clint does but I would have to go into a strict regimen of gurgling kitty litter.
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322

5. I want to see this, but I might have to wait until it hits video. It's playing nowhere near me.

6. Guys! It's opening up wide after Christmas! By January 17th it should be everywhere. I think here in Chicago, we're getting it on or around Christmas.

I can't wait....!
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

7. Nationwide January 9th.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. Get off My Lawn: The Movie.

I look forward to this as well.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Seik View Post
    By January 17th it should be everywhere.
    Good news!

The Theater near me is playing this(hurray for LA)this is one the most hilariously offensive movies i have ever seen.
    He talks shit to everyone he meets. Its a great movie and i suggest you all see it. Get off my Lawn is nowhere near the most quotable thing he says in this movie. My fave so far is calling a group of brothas "Superspades".