Thread: Micro Center Post-Christmas Game Sale of "Holy Shit" Proportions

1. Micro Center Post-Christmas Game Sale of "Holy Shit" Proportions

Here's a link to this exact page in the catalog.

Big Stuff:
    - 30% off Orange-stickered merchandise in the gaming dept (a lot of older and unloved stuff, like NiGHTS and Rocket Slime)
    - Free DS game $19 or less with purchase of DS Lite
    - $50 Gift Card with purchase of a retail 360
    - $10 every PS2 and PSP game $29.99 or higher

There's some individual game sales in that page, too. $69.99 for the 360 GTA IV bundle is pretty good, as is $20 for Baroque Wii.

WTF @ the extra trade-in credit thing, though. "GUYS WE'LL BUY BACK YOUR POPULAR, NEW TITLES LIKE COD: WORLD AT WAR, MKvDCU, AND RESISTANCE 2. ALSO, WE REALLY WANT TO MAKE A SAILBOAT OUT OF NO MORE HEROES CASES."

2. What the hell is "holy shit" about any of this?

Especially considering that when I went to the store the last time they had "additional savings" on orange tag games, they had marked most of them up to compensate. Lots of games that had been orange tagged at a decent price when I saw them a week or two prior were changed to be marked at or around MSRP.

3. I agree with Bacon. Micro-Center is already over-priced, when it comes to used games. I've seen used copies of last year's Madden selling for over $30.
    Last edited by gamevet; 26 Dec 2008 at 12:23 PM.

4. Microcenter had a great sale a few months ago on used games when every one was 50% off. This doesn't seem like a great deal tho.

5. I looked over the orange stickered stuff at my store and didn't find anything. I was kinda tempted to pick up KOF XI (it would have been $8.40) but I passed on it.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in