Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [adult swim] finally stops taking Friday off

1. [adult swim] finally stops taking Friday off

From IGN:
    Adult Swim Comes to Fridays
    Plus three new series, and renewals for Aqua Teen, Metalocalypse, The Venture Bros, and much more!
    by IGN Staff

April 27, 2007 - In the past few years Cartoon Network has had great success with their Adult Swim late night branding. Now Cartoon Network has announced that they will begin airing Adult Swim content on Fridays, which had been the only night of the week without any of the adult themed programming until now. Adult Swim comes to Friday nights on the Cartoon Network beginning July 6th at 11:00 pm ET/PT.

In addition, three new series will be launched in the coming months as part of Adult Swim: Lucy, Daughter of the Devil, Fat Guy Stuck in Internet and Superjail. Lucy will debut this summer, while the other two shows premieres have yet to be announced.

As for shows already on Adult Swim, Cartoon Network announced several had been picked up for another season, including Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job, Moral Orel, Assy McGee, Frisky Dingo, Robot Chicken, The Boondocks, Metalocalypse, The Venture Bros., Squidbillies, Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law and Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
    ...no more Saul?

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. Saul and the Molemen was garbage. How the fuck can you like that dogshit and then rag on T&E Awesome Show?
    Time for a change

3. I just don't care for T&E's one-note "Hey Everybody, look at us! We're GAY! We're MEN, and we FUCK EACH OTHER!!! Isn't that just a BARREL of LAUGHS?!?!" schtick. And they already ran it into the ground with TGTtM.

4. And Saul and the Molemen's flat jokes and people making stupid faces is better? Yeah, okay, whatever. Thank god it's been canceled.
    Time for a change

5. lets just agree to dissagree.

fuck both shows.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

6. And let's agree that Assy McGee getting renewed is a goddamn travesty.

7. "Fat Guy Stuck in Internet"

That sounds promising.

8. Finally, cartoon cartoon fridays has sucked for a very long time, and it did not deserve to be replayed all night long.

As for the other shows:
    Lucy, Daughter of the Devil: The pilot had promise.
    Fat Guy Stuck in Internet and Superjail: ???

Tim and Eric Awesome Show: I expected this and Saul to suck shit, but I ended up liking both, I wish they both would both come back.

Moral Orel: This slowly grew on me. I like how there is this very dark and depressing overtones to this show.

Assy McGee: I hate this show.

Frisky Dingo: This slowly grew on me as well.

Robot Chicken: Over rated crap

The Boondocks: I hope this season will be better than the last, it has potential.

Metalocalypse: Another show that slowly grew on me.

The Venture Bros: The best thing adult swim has done since it began.

Squidbillies: Crap, yet I still watch it for some reason.

Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law: I thought this had ended.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force: Indifferent.

9. Quote Originally Posted by LordPerrin View Post
    I just don't care for T&E's one-note "Hey Everybody, look at us! We're GAY! We're MEN, and we FUCK EACH OTHER!!! Isn't that just a BARREL of LAUGHS?!?!" schtick. And they already ran it into the ground with TGTtM.
    This proves to me you have never even seen the show, or only selectively seen a few bits.

T&E's show's main themes are uncomfortable situations and cheesy overused 80's-90's production techniques. Public access shows, local comercials, corporate training videos, etc.

And just all in all wackyness.

Quote Originally Posted by LordPerrin View Post
    And let's agree that Assy McGee getting renewed is a goddamn travesty.
    Agreed. I wanted it to be better due to the people behind it, but its just falls flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Regus View Post

Moral Orel: This slowly grew on me. I like how there is this very dark and depressing overtones to this show.
    Moral Orel is great just due it its relationship to the original Mr. Show crew.

Frisky Dingo: This slowly grew on me as well.
    This show is great, its all of the humor from the original few seasons of Sealab, but without being confined to an exisiting cartoon. The Characters are great. the writing is funny without bashing you over the head with it.

Robot Chicken: Over rated crap
    I think its running out of gas, really. There is only so many 80s references you can exploit.

The Boondocks: I hope this season will be better than the last, it has potential.
    Aaron Mcgruder took a hiatus from the comic strip, didn't he?

Metalocalypse: Another show that slowly grew on me.
    Amazing show. But its Brendan's baby, so of course it is.

The Venture Bros: The best thing adult swim has done since it began.
    The Best thing on TV in the past few years, period. I can't gush over this show enough.

Squidbillies: Crap, yet I still watch it for some reason.
    Has its moments, the "White People" episode was brilliant.

Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law: I thought this had ended.
    It has, but they have a few episodes they havent aired yet.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force: Indifferent.
    Now that the movie is done, can we get some decent episodes, please?
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

10. Quote Originally Posted by g0zen View Post
    And Saul and the Molemen's flat jokes and people making stupid faces is better? Yeah, okay, whatever. Thank god it's been canceled.
    I just hope the hot blond gets more work. She had "talent".

Saul really isn't Josh Gardner's best work. He's funnier in Gerhard Reinke's Wanderlust and as the Deaf-Frat Guy on the Adam Carrolla Show.

As for new Adult Swim shows, I was really hoping they'd continue Korgoth of Barbaria. The first episode was awesome.