Page 1 of 36 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Hulk 2

1. Hulk 2

News from AICN.com

Quote Originally Posted by AICN.com

iF Magazine has an exclusive interview with Avi Arad about upcoming Marvel comic based films.

In the piece, Arad seems to imply that the long-gestating HULK sequel will be more of a remake than a continuation…

ARAD: (edit) …a lot of people are looking forward to the comic book version of the HULK. That’s the one we are making, and I think it will be incredibly satisfying. It will be big and awesome and a big ride.

iF: So will you be recasting HULK with completely new actors?

ARAD: It’s a “do-over”. I loved the HULK movie, it was just a different approach, and it wasn’t exactly the comic. We want to be much closer to the comic. It’s what we would rather do.

This could be taken two ways.

Perhaps they’re simply adjusting/re-considering Ang Lee’s approach to the first film – without necessarily negating its spin on Hulk's "origin story"? But, Arad appears to be saying that the follow-up is a remake – an odd choice that doesn’t seem entirely necessary in my mind. I’d rather see a HULK continuance that is “truer” in essence and vibe to its source material, than to watch yet another re-hashed origin story.

You can read the entire article Here!

'Twill be interesting to see how this shakes out. This smells like the kind of article that will end-up being “UPDATED”, so feel free to check back in a bit…
    Not sure if I like the "Re-Do" aspect.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. They could at least do some justice to the Absorbing man.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

3. Abomination, anyone?
    OMG <3 4EVA
    Scourge:Azumanga Daioh is exactly the same thing as Ninja Scroll.
    buttcheeks: High school so weird

4. Or Rhino for that matter.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

It will be big and awesome and a big ride.
    Ugh. It's gonna be big and dumb.

I really don't know what to say considering so many people actually liked the Fantastic 4 movie.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

6. I loved the HULK movie, it was just a different approach, and it wasn’t exactly the comic. We want to be much closer to the comic.
    Does this mean doing the origin in the first five minutes as though mutation is common and then stomping around for a while as the transformation triggers only at sunset? If anything, leave the origin as is handled by Ang Lee and skip to the part in the comics where the Hulk was worth reading, by which I mean Peter David's run.
    I’d rather see a HULK continuance that is “truer” in essence and vibe to its source material, than to watch yet another re-hashed origin story.
    Truth.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Revoltor
    I really don't know what to say considering so many people actually liked the Fantastic 4 movie.
    They got exactly what they wanted from it.

Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    If anything, leave the origin as is handled by Ang Lee and skip to the part in the comics where the Hulk was worth reading, by which I mean Peter David's run.
    Yes. I'm not going to sit through another Hulk movie about his origin. Whether you think Ang Lee fucked up or not, it's too late. Ang Lee's origin wasn't that bad, either. It wasn't the best choice but probably a good foundation.

Keep Eric Bana, too. He seemed like a good choice for Bruce Banner to me. I could be wrong, I'm not too knowledgeable of The Hulk, but if nothing else Bana can act.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. I should re-watch the hulk I remember hating it but I can't recall why. Anyway, abomination played by ron pearlmen would be the best villain choice for 2. As for the origin re-telling it was fine the first time, why fix what isn't broken?

9. I liked the Hulk, but the bottom line is that it's a drama and not an action movie.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

10. Why remake it? His origin is set - thanks to sacrificing himself for Betty, he becomes the savage Hulk when angry - so just run with it now. X1 is worse than X2, Spider-man is worse than Spider-man 2, etcetera.

Maybe they think they can't do crap with the Hulk in terms of an actual story other than the origin plot, but I'd disagree. Have Banner be a fugitive (open the movie with an army of Hulkbusters discovering Banner), with Betty leading the charge for a cure, while the Government/military studies/creates a theoretical army of Hulks of its own (which opens the door for the Abomination, or army of Abominations) - perhaps in the process of recreating the "Hulk" transformation, Commander Ross use Betty's work and/or betray her trust, which continues the sins of the father theme from the original feature.

Maybe that drives her into Bruce's arms at the end of the movie, or maybe she dies at the end, whatever.
    Last edited by Geo; 12 Jun 2006 at 12:43 PM.