Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2939414243

Thread: Official 2009 NFL Post-Season Thread

1. Eagles Defensive Coordinator Jimmy Johnson died at age 68 from Cancer.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/d...nson_dies.html
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

It's Jim. Jimmy has rings.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    Eagles Defensive Coordinator Jimmy Johnson died at age 68 from Cancer.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/d...nson_dies.html
    That sucks. He was a damn good coordinator.

4. Shitty about Johnson.

Favre is staying retired. For now I guess.

5. I sent a message to the Eagles expressing my condolences. Even though they are a rival, he was an awesome D-coordinator. One of the best. I have a feeling their defense is going to play with some serious intensity this year.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

6. I'm thinking we need a 2009 Actual Season Thread at this point.

Or at the least a rename of this one.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    I sent a message to the Eagles expressing my condolences. Even though they are a rival, he was an awesome D-coordinator. One of the best. I have a feeling their defense is going to play with some serious intensity this year.
    I have no doubt he earned the respect of just about everyone in the league, and the fans of opposing teams. His defense was the catalyst of the Eagles success.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...away-1.1334413

Jim Johnson, a 22-year assistant in the NFL, including 10 seasons as defensive coordinator for the Eagles, died yesterday after a sixth-month battle with spinal cancer. He was 68.

Johnson, who was also treated for melanoma in 2001, was known for his aggressive style, which included many intricate blitz packages. In his 10 seasons, the Eagles won the NFC East five times, made five NFC Championship games and one Super Bowl.

From 2000-08, his Eagles' defense ranked second in the NFL with 390 sacks. In his 10-year tenure, the Eagles had 26 Pro Bowl selections on the defensive side of the ball.

Last season, Johnson's defense was fourth in the league in points allowed per game at 18.1.

Said Eagles' owner Jeffrey Lurie to the Philadelphia Inquirer: "There has been no finer coach or man than Jim Johnson. It doesn't get much sadder."

The news of Johnson's death comes just four days after Sean McDermott was announced as his successor.

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    I'm thinking we need a 2009 Actual Season Thread at this point.

Or at the least a rename of this one.
    Done