Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Mad Men

1. why didn't don tell peggy about lane aaaaaaaaaaugh
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

2. It definitely was a bit of a wind down. Like I said, this season wasn't about some grand arc that need resolution. That's why it was so good.

One thought though: Don's back!

3. If everyone else can have what they want, why not Don? As soon as Megan took the easy way out Don lost respect and interest with her. She's essentially a milder Betty now. Fucking loved the finalé.

EDIT: This crybaby faux elitism can GTFO IMO. The show delivered what it always has - down to earth, thematic television full of contrivance. I don't think this "best season ever" thing is anything but a silly statement, though. IMO Breaking Bad has been much more interesting, thematically, upon multiple viewings (and has more action as a superficial hook, too!) but it's all subjective. Good TV is good TV. That's what matters.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    I'm still hoping we get to see Pete kill himself. I know we've met our suicide quotient for this season but still...

...maybe in the final season we can see open up his veins in a bathtub, Frank Pentangeli-style. 70+ years old, forgotten, fat, unloved.
    I think Pete will get canned and publicly humiliated (figuratively tarred and feathered) if anything happens. His whole thing has been ambition without conscience or character. Although this season he was served a healthy serving of irony in his affair. I love seeing Pete get punched in the face. It never gets old.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 11 Jun 2012 at 10:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. Don did have what he wanted. He wanted a wife he can respect and treat like an equal. Megan then took it from him.

5. Anytime a TV show or movie introduces an amnesia plotline, it should automatically lose 2 points on metacritic/rotten tomatoes

EDIT: Someone should put an Avengers logo on this

Last edited by dave is ok; 12 Jun 2012 at 09:15 AM.

6. Photoshop Sterling from when he was ass naked tripping balls instead.

7. and photoshop his skin Green.

8. You guys are terrible at spoiler caps. They exist to be used.

I feel cheated by the whole Peggy thing. We had the big emotional goodbye, only to have her return two episodes later? Cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    Phenomenal last shot though.
    I agree. He does have a good ass for an older gentleman.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

9. Well she didn't die. She pretty much works down the street. Also, Don was the last shot, not Roger.

LOL MRS. BLANKENSHIP
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery