Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 283840414243 LastLast

Thread: Mad Men

1. Well yeah, after a while the rut becomes life. Don just kept trying to claw his way out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I've been in my rut for 15 years and I'll never get out of it. That's life.
    That's your life.

3. Fighting words!

4. I started watching the final season that for whatever reason I lost interest in when it was current.
    I'm at the 10th episode, where Glen makes a return. This dude has the weirdest damn eyes. Whenever I read something that refers to a person having dead man eyes, this is the look that pops into mind.

Anyway, four episodes left and I really have no idea where this is going. A Sopranos-esque fade to black?

5. It ended fine.

6. I hope so.
    It just feels like they're writing Don into eating a bullet. He's achieved financial and career success, but he's eternally miserable and unable to forge a meaningful connection with anyone. I don't get what the deal with the waitress was either.

7. I enjoyed the ending.

Brett Gelman makes a cameo appearance (of Love and Comedy Bang Bang! fame), IIRC.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

8. I thought that the ending was absolutely fine and next to Don jumping off a building (which is what everyone expected) it was perfectly reasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

9. Liked the ending, liked watching the entire season over two days. I think it would have sucked to have it split in half and spread apart by a year.

Everything felt right except stoner dude and peggy hooking up. It made sense in an office relationship way, but felt forced.

10. Also liked Don’s endless quest to try to fix everyone around him and his attraction to broken people, as it takes his mind off how broken and unfixable he is. That’s a trait I totally identify with, unfortunately.