Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Darkstalkers Tribute Albumn

1. I'd like to try Hsien-Ko, Sasquatch, and Quezcoatl (sp?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

2. Quote Originally Posted by rama View Post
    no. there needs to be more characters represented for this. the book'll end up being full of felica and morigan drawings. Q-BEE, BITCHES! i'd like to give this a shot.
    Yeah, you probably have a lot better chance to get in if you do a piece focused on, say, Rikuo or Pyron, as I don't see them showing up in many pieces that aren't full-on group pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero
    Quezcoatl (sp?)
    Yeah, I'll say sp. It's Huitzil.

3. Don't judge me ;_;

4. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Coool. I'm-a do this.
    And there's the first HIT! Who will come out on top!
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

5. Soul Fuck

6. WHAT JUST HAPPENED?
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

7. Oi, so I have a rough of what I've been working on. The back looks bland - would like to add some implied tropical stuff in the back. Tops of palm trees? A beach or volleyball wobbling in the air? Kites? I don't know...it just feels empty. Also want to add a logo on the front of Sasquatch's cart.

Anyway, ideas would be welcome as well as critiques on color use and lighting. Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sasq_vect.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	203.9 KB 
ID:	43837  
    Last edited by Hero; 11 Feb 2009 at 02:17 AM.

8. Bikini wimmins!

Crit:

It doesn't seem to read as a cart right now, it kind of looks like he's popping out of a red building.

I assume you're working with layers, I'd say rearrange the 'cubs' a little bit, maybe arrange 'em in more of an arc, think about 'em in terms of composition elements. Stick the bottom of the snow-cone cup out of his hand, it's not exactly clear what's going on.

Also, you're losing a lot of detail with the colored lines, especially with that light blue sky. Squint. You completely lose the hat and his smile. I get the idea that if you wanna win this thing, the drawing needs to be completely readable in thumbnail form. Either darken 'em up or go black.

You could potentially stretch out the composition way out to the right 'widescreen-style' and throw in some nice background elements.

I dig your line weights! You're working with a lot of good stuff, I guess just take a look at how things are working in particular instances.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 11 Feb 2009 at 09:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. Yeah! I like the look to it, but i seriously have no idea what the big red block is. I don't know what you mean by cart at all! Besides that it is nice and soft!
    Donk

10. i think some more detail on the littls saskwatches would add some charm. maybe have them all doing different things? like...one grabbing for ice cream, one eating, maybe one looking at a list of flavors on the front of the cart thing? and i think an umbrella would get across the idea that it's an actual ice cream cart.