Thread: The Rum Diary

1. Film The Rum Diary

Quote Originally Posted by LatinoReview
    Thebadandugly.com has news on Johnny Depp's latest role. I think Depp must be the hardest working guy in show business because he's always got about a hundred different projects going on at once.

Here's a bit from the article:

Now, we’ve got a casting announcement that suggests Depp’s next project will be The Rum Diary, which would see him reprise his role from Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas and bring Hunter S. Thompson to screen once more…

The casting call is for Chenault, the love interest in The Rum Diary, who - from the casting info - seems to just be walking sex:

THE RUM DIARY (One Role) Feature Film
    PRODUCTION COMPANIES: GK FILMS & INFINITUM NIHIL
    UNION: SAG
    Writer/Director: Bruce Robinson Based on the novel by Hunter S. Thompson
    Casting Director: Denise Chamian
    Casting Associate: Angela Demo
    NY Casting Associate: Julie Schubert
    Sounds steamy….

Casting Assistant: Krysti Charron

Start Date: March 2009

SUBMIT JULIE SCHUBERT TEL: XXX-XXX-XXXX

[PAUL KEMP] -Johnny Depp

SEEKING: [CHENAULT] A beautiful, 25 year old, translucent vision from Connecticut, with a killer smile and a wry, enigmatic personality, she wears barely-there sarongs, sunbathes nude, and oozes sexuality in everything she does. She enchants and mesmerizes Kemp from the moment they meet: while both escaping a tedious, high-end party. Chenault is dating and possibly engaged to Sanderson, but clearly feels an attraction to Kemp. She’s a daredevil who loves to dance and drive fast. She gets into big trouble with a lust-crazed, violent crowd during Carnival in St. Thomas. .. LEAD. This role contains nudity.

STORY LINE: 1960: Divorced alcoholic and struggling novelist PAUL KEMP decides to kick around San Juan until his ship comes in, working as a journalist for a daily newspaper that’s on its last legs, drinking gallons of rum and experimenting with LSD. With his new friend BOB SALA by his side, he becomes entangled in a corrupt hotel development scheme with a slick PR consultant named SANDERSON, and falls in love with Sanderson’s unattainable girlfriend, CHENAULT. . .
    Click HERE to read the rest.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. They've been talking about this movie ever since Fear and Loathing. I'l believe the shit when I see a trailer.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. Seriously, this movie has been stuck in production limbo for YEARS. Hopefully it will be made, eventually, but like Doc said, I'll believe it when I see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

4. Aaron Eckhart, Amber Heard, and current Oscar nominee Richard Jenkins have been cast, filming begins next month.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    They've been talking about this movie ever since Fear and Loathing. I'l believe the shit when I see a trailer.
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. First pic of Depp as Kemp surfaces.

I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

7. The fact that this may actually be an image from the movie =
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

8. Holy Shit! (no trailer yet, but release date is November. This year!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Johnny+Depp+-+Rum+Diary.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	123.7 KB 
ID:	57080   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rum+Diary+movie.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	57081  
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt