Page 11 of 1237 FirstFirst ... 79101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: The Obama Presidency

1. I like how Razor is defending "reporters" as if there are any left in this world.

Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo View Post
    Oh give me a break. He's like a fucking superlawyer. He could have rejected that question Manute Bol style if he felt like it.

"While I remain committed to curbing lobbyist influence in Washington, I also want to do right by the America, and that means getting the best man for the job for such a crucial position. Bill passed our tests, answered some tough questions, and I have the utmost faith in him to safeguard the American people."

There, see? Even I can do it.
    Yes, you can, but even during the debates, you could see that Obama is great with a teleprompter but awful off the cuff.

3. As I said, all he's getting are softball questions and good wishes. People will turn on him as soon as he has to do something that actually has a cause and effect relationship with the public.

I'm still hoping he follows the Clinton model of not accomplishing a damn thing so he doesn't implement any of his terrible ideas.

5. Oh yeah, good point. He could go straight JFK and take credit for everything even though he had no direct involvement or financial input.

Quote Originally Posted by JFK
    Erraa, I put men on the moon-ah

6. I was kind of on hanging off the cliff during the election but I think now that McCain would've been a better man. No particular slam against Obama, but he doesn't seem nearly exciting without the massive PR campaign.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

I wish Gohron were the exception, but he has 10s of millions of peers that were blinded by Hollywood writing and special effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Biff View Post
    Oh yeah, good point. He could go straight JFK and take credit for everything even though he had no direct involvement or financial input.
    Hey, you gave me an idea for the one positive thing I can say about Obama. He isn't Catholic.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I wish Gohron were the exception, but he has 10s of millions of peers that were blinded by Hollywood writing and special effects.
    I wouldn't go that far, in my personal life I made no secret that I was a supporter of McCain but I thought Obama was going to end up being a good President if he won.

It's way too early to tell but I always thought that McCain would've dealt with the economic situation drastically better and while it seemed bad before, the effects are starting to trickle down and it seems way worse and will likely get worse. The whole stimulus thing may help in the short-term, but I don't think pumping massive amounts of tax payer dollar into the economy is going to pay off down the line.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

10. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Hey, you gave me an idea for the one positive thing I can say about Obama. He isn't Catholic.
    I'm not sure if "Catholic" goes before or after "rehabilitated militant" in the book of what sucks worse.