Page 16 of 1237 FirstFirst ... 21214151617182030 ... LastLast

Thread: The Obama Presidency

1. Sorry my attention span on his posts just fades almost instantly anymore.

Like I said, report back to me in May and let me know how it's going guys.

2. Where?

3. I think things like this get my brain working a lot more than arguing back and forth.

The short version:
    * There's a reason people voted the way they did - and it's not because Republican's sold out on their principles (okay, maybe a bit...)

* If conservatives want to lead the House or Senate again, they need to learn that the solution to a bill they don't agree with isn't to constantly whine about what they don't like. Offer counter-solutions that best demonstrate a conservative mindset while doing its job for the people.

Anyway, I thought it was a good read. If I can personally develop what the article suggest I'd be a better person for it. Rather than look at an opposing viewpoint and knocking it down with whatever tools at my disposal, providing alternatives with those tools is a more positive experience. Even if the less desirable of outcomes happens, it wasn't due to arguing for the sake of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    Says the man who dresses up dogs for a living.
    Not anymore - I went back to cooking a year and a half ago.

Also: Biff, shut the fuck up. Don't come in here and start acting like we're a bunch of petulant children and you're the voice of reason in this world.
    Boo, Hiss.

5. Wah, want a pacifier?

Stop acting like a petulant child with your highly annoying "fuck you I'm right" views on the military, politics, and life in general and nobody would "call you out"

99 more days until I pass judgement on the president.

How about you don't post anymore until then?

7. What the hell are you talking about?

I haven't done anything of the sort in here.
    Boo, Hiss.

8. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    You work at an insurance firm crunching numbers all day. Let's not talk about who's the pussy around here you screaming bitch.
    Seriously Icarus, you're always right <3

But Mr. IRS would like to "crunch some numbers with you", accountants are serious business.
    Last edited by Othello Harrington; 26 Jan 2009 at 09:24 PM.

9. McCain couldn't run a campaign, why would I vote for him for President? While it was nice to see the McCain that would have earned a vote come out after he'd lost, I don't have any reason to believe that he wouldn't have allowed himself to be handled into uselessness had he won.

So now Obama is President and he's got some major tasks ahead of him. He's not Bush II and never will be, thankfully, but I fully expect him to screw up in a few unique ways. So far, though, he's done some interesting things on the social front that make me believe my vote was well spent, for the most part.

James

10. McCain would've said, "My friends" as much as Obama says, "Uhm". Which would've been worse?
    Donk