Page 6 of 1237 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: The Obama Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I did say the press held an important part in our society, I was simply saying that lowball tactics are employed by a good majority of it and also went on to say that the "good" is probably not the main motivation of a majority of journalists. We're talking about the upper tier here and I never intended to direct anything your way and wouldn't because I know you, so please, whether you think I'm wrong or not I don't think the personal insults are needed.
    You're generalizing and that's my problem. I'm not taking this as a personal insult, I'm treating this as someone who doesn't know shit about reporting and what goes on behind the scenes. You're spewing exactly what Hollywood is telling you is true about reporters.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Thief Silver View Post
    So apparently, Stem Cell Research has started.
    I hope beyond hope this is true.

Stupid fucking religious rednecks assuming stem cells can only come from aborted babies has stopped medical progression for way to fucking long.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    You're generalizing and that's my problem. I'm not taking this as a personal insult, I'm treating this as someone who doesn't know shit about reporting and what goes on behind the scenes. You're spewing exactly what Hollywood is telling you is true about reporters.

I'm more going along with what I know about the average person. I'm done with this, if you want to go further into this then hit me on AIM or IRC.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

4. You made your post on a public forum so I'm going to keep it public in case anyone else comes to TNL and tries to shine a light on an industry they know shit about.

The average person isn't a reporter. The average person is a gossiper. If you go to www.dictionary.com they'll help you differentiate the two.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Thief Silver View Post
    So apparently, Stem Cell Research has started. I'm trying to find the article my friend was reading. And Obama is overturning Bush's banning.
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/01/23...ell/index.html

6. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    You made your post on a public forum so I'm going to keep it public in case anyone else comes to TNL and tries to shine a light on an industry they know shit about.

The average person isn't a reporter. The average person is a gossiper. If you go to www.dictionary.com they'll help you differentiate the two.
    The average person is among every profession, I think you're stepping a little too far by trying to say that a reporter is a different class of human being. Political news organizations report the news as can be related with and understood by the general collective of retardation among the general public. They'll find something good and run and run with it as if the rest of the world has stopped.

Take Clinton for example, the Monica Lewenski thing was pretty huge (and yes, it deserved to be brought to light) and could've destroyed his presidency because the extensive coverage had gotten. Do you think that one negative point would've been worth Clinton getting impeached? In a different set of circumstances it may have come to that. It's not the fact that it was reported, it's the fact it was latched onto like a tick latching onto a host. Maybe I'll even go as far to say that your every day person shouldn't know everything nor do they deserve to. Most people are not capable of analyzing important information and coming to reasonable conclusions.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

7. I think you're applying Media to Reporters there. Reporters report this shit, then the Media takes it and runs with it, this leads to reporters sticking with it because being on the up and up of the hot news is sometimes givin more intention than important issues.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Thief Silver View Post
    I think you're applying Media to Reporters there. Reporters report this shit, then the Media takes it and runs with it, this leads to reporters sticking with it because being on the up and up of the hot news is sometimes givin more intention than important issues.
    Regardless the reason, it doesn't make it classy or reasonable.

9. Then you better tell your common man to stop clammering for stupid shit like that so maybe the reporters can do their real job.