Page 1212 of 1237 FirstFirst ... 119812081210121112121213121412161226 ... LastLast
Results 12,111 to 12,120 of 12367

Thread: The Obama Presidency

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    You'd gain more support if you said birth control.

I wouldn't lose sleep if women and eventually men had to be on birth control if their income was supplemented considerably by the government. If you can't provide for yourself, don't bring a new kid into that.
    Exactly

2. Interesting piece about income inequality:
    https://medium.com/the-ferenstein-wi...lly-2a3b423e0c

TLDR; Taxing income of wealthy would not balance the dynastic 1%. Providing reachable middle class housing would, since property is the only capital known to increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Also, if we had a minimum income of 35,000 after taxes, I'd quit today. I could not quit fast enough. I could sit at home and just play games and research and do other hobbies.
    I'm betting you would do something like fabrication when you got tired of eating Doritos and playing Halo. Either way it would encourage your work to up its game (employee NPS/satisfaction) without forcing them.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 27 Mar 2015 at 11:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. The Obama Presidency

That medium article is not that convincing. It's an awfully convenient line of argument for the ultra rich rentiers class that the Economist shills for, though.

There is a grain of truth of course. SF's housing situation is in crisis mode because of regulatory capture. Yet increasing housing supply for San Francisco and Manhattan really only benefits those who want to live there or can almost afford to live there. People who are, in other words, already relatively affluent. It does nothing for people in flyover country with relatively cheap housing and lots of land, or people who would struggle to afford a mortgage.

The argument seems like the next stage of the "capital gains taxes should be low because a lot of Americans own stock" argument, even though the upper 10% own something like 80% of equity in this country.

Maybe the actual paper is more convincing.
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 27 Mar 2015 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Interesting piece about income inequality:
    https://medium.com/the-ferenstein-wi...lly-2a3b423e0c

TLDR; Taxing income of wealthy would not balance the dynastic 1%. Providing reachable middle class housing would, since property is the only capital known to increase.

I'm betting you would do something like fabrication when you got tired of eating Doritos and playing Halo. Either way it would encourage your work to up its game (employee NPS/satisfaction) without forcing them.
    If what they are doing now is any indication, they will use it as an excuse to bring in foreign labor because "we just can't find Americans to fill these positions" or just move production overseas.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I don't think this is how politics works. The issue is galvanizing and would probably hurt the Democrats in the next cycle.
    How would making a historic effort to balance racial class inequality and correct the longest running, specifically American, problem in America hurt the party of the president and congressmembers doing it? American laziness is the only thing stopping it.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

I ordered a german book on welding from german ebay and picked these up from the same seller. I plan on framing both. I really like the cat in the russian Pinocchio. He is ready for those coins/cookies.

Click for full size

Click for full size
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cockrider.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	134.1 KB 
ID:	76333   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inkansascity.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	171.9 KB 
ID:	76334  

I dig that second one.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    How would making a historic effort to balance racial class inequality and correct the longest running, specifically American, problem in America hurt the party of the president and congressmembers doing it? American laziness is the only thing stopping it.
    How exactly do you balance racial class equality? Play Robin Hood? You can't teach parents to care, and they're the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    How exactly do you balance racial class equality?
    Education.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Education.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    You can't teach parents to care, and they're the problem.