Page 1181 of 1237 FirstFirst ... 116711771179118011811182118311851195 ... LastLast
Results 11,801 to 11,810 of 12367

Thread: The Obama Presidency

1. It's the only reason I go, and then I lift at home.

I don't know if I agree with everything in this video, but a lot of this shit is pretty current

3. Can you believe that those electronic town halls of his actually worked? Imagine potential voters/TV watchers today trying to sit down and view that.

I wish we could go back to '92 and keep him in the race.

4. Except the federal government shouldn't be balancing the budget, so he's totally wrong.

Not totally. Or do you think trickle down works?

And if not the government, who should balance the budget? Or are we going by TNL economics where debt is better than no debt?

6. Who said anything about TNL economics? Federal government controls the currency, the currency that happens to be the world's reserve currency. They are literally the only institution in the world what I said applies to. Obviously when there is too much deficit spending inflation can set in but we haven't been near that problem since the early 1980's.

Nobody actually really cares about the deficit. Opposition parties whine about the debt when the party in control wants to do something they don't like. Republicans did it with Clinton and Obama (both of them actually fell for that trick, sadly), Dems did it with Dubya (who did not fall for it).

Doesn't the Federal Reserve control the currency?

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Who said anything about TNL economics? Federal government controls the currency, the currency that happens to be the world's reserve currency. They are literally the only institution in the world what I said applies to. Obviously when there is too much deficit spending inflation can set in but we haven't been near that problem since the early 1980's.

Nobody actually really cares about the deficit. Opposition parties whine about the debt when the party in control wants to do something they don't like. Republicans did it with Clinton and Obama (both of them actually fell for that trick, sadly), Dems did it with Dubya (who did not fall for it).
    Ok, well that still isn't everything in the video.

In 1992 he called out the 1%. In 1992 he wanted to put more money in educating all Americans. In 1992 he recognized that our execs are paid way too much, even relative to other countries. And shit, if we would have taken his gas tax, we'd been working on better MPG cars 10 years sooner.

9. I appreciate all those stances, but in 1992 the political climate just was having none of any of that. I still remember one day in HS sitting outside and every car that drove past me was some enormous 10mpg SUV. Every fucking car. Gas was 92 cents per gallon. MURICA!

He even broke down how much Germany, Japan, and China were going to spend on technology per person.