Page 1182 of 1237 FirstFirst ... 116811781180118111821183118411861196 ... LastLast
Results 11,811 to 11,820 of 12367

Thread: The Obama Presidency

1. At 21m he mentions one of the biggest things that would help our system of government. "We must eliminate PACs. We've got to make our elected officials responsive to the people and not to the special interest. That's job one."
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

2. The Obama Presidency

I found out its legal to carry an otf switchblade in sc.

That wouldn't have really stopped me from it, but it's nice to know it's not going to be a hassle with the cops if I'm stopped.

Will be nice to add a microtech troodon to the collection.

Why is this in the Obama thread?

Because I clicked the wrong thing. Whatever.
    Boo, Hiss.

Legal? Sure. The cops are still going to use our as an excuse to cuff your ass, throw you on the ground and search your car. You just won't go to jail afterwards.

Yeah, but they can do that if his car is messy. Or if the sun is going down and his eye dilates to compensate.

Murrica

5. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I would totally go to Sasuage Fitness if it was full of people actually lifting. Cardio Bunnies distract me from what I am there for.
    Basically this. I'm all business when I go to the gym.

I don't mind glancing at the hunnies for a sec between sets, however, but it's certainly not why I go.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Ok, well that still isn't everything in the video.

In 1992 he called out the 1%. In 1992 he wanted to put more money in educating all Americans. In 1992 he recognized that our execs are paid way too much, even relative to other countries. And shit, if we would have taken his gas tax, we'd been working on better MPG cars 10 years sooner.
    This video is interesting, but this is in no way a video of some rogue savant whose figured society out. Go and watch any random episode of All in the Family from the 70s. Israel, economics, civil rights and all sorts of shit that people don't even talk about today were regularly argued by Archie and his son in law or the Jeffersons.

His explanation of PACs however is pretty amazing considering they weren't discussed on TV much until John Stewart and Stephen Colbert brought them up.

These are themes that have persisted since the dawn of time in organized society and will continue to.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 25 Aug 2014 at 12:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    This video is interesting, but this is in no way a video of some rogue savant whose figured society out. Go and watch any random episode of All in the Family from the 70s. Israel, economics, civil rights and all sorts of shit that people don't even talk about today were regularly argued by Archie and his son in law or the Jeffersons.

His explanation of PACs however is pretty amazing considering they weren't discussed on TV much until John Stewart and Stephen Colbert brought them up.

These are themes that have persisted since the dawn of time in organized society and will continue to.
    Why would you bother pointing this out when Perot acknowledges this in literally the first fifteen seconds of the clip?

8. This being recorded in '92 was being stressed. My point is that these problems will continue to exist (I know Perot's point was we weren't learning from Cicero too).

And as a secondary point his bullet points in the first 15 seconds seem very focused on a gold-backed currency, which is not how things are.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 25 Aug 2014 at 02:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

You're he'll bent on out cheek'n me today, aren't you?

10. "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt