Page 5 of 1237 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: The Obama Presidency

1. What's this "we" shit? I thought you were getting out of reporting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. I'd love to see Ramon at a White House press conference, speaking loudly on the phone without muting his microphone.

3. I plan to do both of the above.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    No one is going to come up to you and give you the truth willingly. Tough questions must be asked at that moment because you may not get another chance and you have to fight a dozen other reporters to ask your one question. There's no shame in it. Politicians won't just tell you the truth out of the kindness of their hearts. You don't get how it really works so shut the fuck up about it.

What you call sleazy we call investigating. We roll with publicly available information and dig deeper if we see any inconsistencies that the public should know. You would want to know that the President's choice for Secretary of the Treasury owes the IRS in back-taxes, wouldn't you? He's going to handle our country's money. The same goes for this guy. He was a huge player for lobbyists and it looks suspicious for Obama to put him in the Executive Branch.

Get learn't, dumb fuck.
    Maybe this goes along with your ideals but I think your grossly underestimating the lack of morales in your fellow man. Very few people are looking for the good as rather looking for a pay check whether the end result is a good one or not.

I'm also "not getting how it works" as I believe I stated above that it's the only way that it can work.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

5. No way, Ramon would be sniping bitches on the podium, and missing due to lag.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    Maybe this goes along with your ideals but I think your grossly underestimating the lack of morales in your fellow man. Very few people are looking for the good as rather looking for a pay check whether the end result is a good one or not.

I'm also "not getting how it works" as I believe I stated above that it's the only way that it can work.
    Nixon, Clinton, and Bush Jr. all had secrets to hide. None came up to reporters and said, "Hey, guess what I have to tell you!" The good is always reported. Always. You can't miss it. But the good isn't as important as the bad because the bad can be a disgusting abuse of power. Just look at all of the scandals in 2008 alone. This happens all the time. You don't want that reported? The entire point of the press is to weed that shit out and bring it to the public's attention.

7. eh. no one goes into journalism for the money. they do it because they have hardons for the truth and big egos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    Nixon, Clinton, and Bush Jr. all had secrets to hide. None came up to reporters and said, "Hey, guess what I have to tell you!" The good is always reported. Always. You can't miss it. But the good isn't as important as the bad because the bad can be a disgusting abuse of power. Just look at all of the scandals in 2008 alone. This happens all the time. You don't want that reported? The entire point of the press is to weed that shit out and bring it to the public's attention.
    I did say the press held an important part in our society, I was simply saying that lowball tactics are employed by a good majority of it and also went on to say that the "good" is probably not the main motivation of a majority of journalists. We're talking about the upper tier here and I never intended to direct anything your way and wouldn't because I know you, so please, whether you think I'm wrong or not I don't think the personal insults are needed.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

Quote Originally Posted by burgundy View Post
    they have hardons for the truth and big egos.
    so razor is batting 2 for 3 hu?

10. So apparently, Stem Cell Research has started. I'm trying to find the article my friend was reading. And Obama is overturning Bush's banning.