Page 1213 of 1237 FirstFirst ... 119912091211121212131214121512171227 ... LastLast
Results 12,121 to 12,130 of 12367

Thread: The Obama Presidency

Hard to focus on being a good parent when you're focused on being poor.

Then education isn't the answer, because it's not going to work without parental participation. Single parents probably struggle to participate more than pairs, which comes back to buttplant's birth control suggestion. If you can't take care of yourself, you shouldn't be having kids, because those kids aren't going to get a fair shake to break the cycle.

3. Wow. "You can't teach brown parents to care and that's the problem."

Or do you just mean poor people of any color? Even though you're taking about racial equality.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

I'm talking about any unfit parent. They're pretty much solely responsible for their kids' lack of upward mobility. There are fantastic parents who happen to be poor, and their kids have a good shot to better themselves, maybe by choosing a different career path than their parents.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    How exactly do you balance racial class equality? Play Robin Hood? You can't teach parents to care, and they're the problem.
    Money is not the answer. Worth and purpose are. Clearly, affirmative action is more a political banner than an actively used tool. As I stated before white unemployment = 5-5.5% where black unemployment = 11%. Black comprise 1/8 of the total population. Requiring an aggressive 200% black hiring requirement would then mathematically lower black unemployment 0.8% percent for every 0.1% white unemployment was raised. Whites owe this to blacks for 87 years of National forced free labor.

Blacks on the other hand, as I stated before owe America a drop in crime and gang activity.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. Upward mobility. You're adorbs.

Cast those niggers, spics, and white trash out, because why make an attempt to educate the future of the fucking country?

I'd like to see all public schools given the same funding, let's also give teachers a reasonable salary and lets see what happens in a generation or two.

8. We can't blame the parents. It's the babies who aren't trying hard enough to inherit capital.

It isn't wrong to say that education won't fix the problem. You can educate a child all you want, but if there are problems at home, the kid will have trouble learning. We all know that. Many of us have experienced it in some fashion. Either by having trouble with our own family, or friends family, or with someone we were dating. Did your grades stay the same when you had your first break up in school? Did they stay up when you were helping that friend that got thrown out of his house by his parents? How about if and when your parents got a divorce?

If they did, well good job uberman. Most people can't perform when their physiological, safety and love/belonging needs are not met. Learning is a 'self-actualization' need, and the self will not willingly engage in it until all other needs are met.

Something does have to change at home before kids will fully absorb what is being offered at school.

HOWEVER, the fault of the republican party and conservatives is that they don't want to try anything if the plan ahead of them is not perfect. Not doing anything is also a choice.

We shouldn't wait for perfect. It never comes. We should do what we can now.

Birth control + education would probably fix it. You'd have a converging point where there were fewer unwanted children and the children that were born would have more options.

But good luck with that. There would be rioting in the street from poor people that are usually on the left and religious conservatives on the right if you tried to get people to stop having so many damn babies with anything other than hopeful abstinence.

10. Many of the same people who claim that education is the key are the ones who also seem to think that teaching exists in a void where the laws of supply and demand don't apply, and the teachers that are around today are overpaid and we can pay them less and get better ones.

I once read that, maybe in the 50's or 60's, a new teacher and a new banker were paid about the same.