Page 1192 of 1237 FirstFirst ... 117811881190119111921193119411961206 ... LastLast
Results 11,911 to 11,920 of 12367

Thread: The Obama Presidency

Let the world governments make a fake terrorist organization that pulls all these types in and hunts down those that don't join.

All their victories can be faked. They can have a snake theme, etc, etc.

There is only one Snake.

3. And only one Big Boss.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I realize it is popular to argue that people should always sleep in the beds they make, etc, but you know, it doesn't have to be that way.

We could like, be compassionate and forgiving.
    NOT WITH MY TAX DOLLARS.

Your argument is lost on selfish Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    We could like, be compassionate and forgiving.
    How much time or money do you give to charities in this area? Put up or shut up.

7. eh, not the same but whatever

No, it's not the same, because what most of these whiny assholes really want is for someone else to be forced to be compassionate and forgiving on their behalf.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    No, it's not the same, because what most of these whiny assholes really want is for someone else to be forced to be compassionate and forgiving on their behalf.
    I can't speak for 'Cheeks but I simply don't trust people who have money to donate enough of it. Yes, I believe as humans we are obligated to help our fellow humans. I don't make too much more than I need but I still manage to throw about $6-7k every year into various foundations (mainly inner city education stuff of late), and I hate bringing it up because now I look vainglorious over a measly 8% or so of my salary.

I mean, I am vainglorious but I hate having to deal with the lesser people whenever I bring up how much better I am.

Anyway, most people don't need more than like 50-60k a year after taxes so take it from the people who make at least 5 times that and it use it for better things than needlessly expensive cars, homes, and other crap - shit, even my taxes could actually stand to be a smidge higher and I don't make anywhere near 5 times that. Let them whine about how they don't have the finer things in life or "there won't be any motivation to work hard" because that's a reflection on their character, not everyone else.

Isn't the bleat of abortion supporters, which I suspect overlap quite a bit with the "let someone else pay for it" crowd, that you can't legislate morality? Hell, add to that the whining about the government telling people what to do with their body. How is that different than telling them where the money said body earned has to go?

Then there's the other side of this. There are plenty of people who never get a first chance that should be way ahead of those who did and fucked it up in the line to receive whatever compassion there is.

edit: Is that arbitrary 50-60K number per person or per household?
    Last edited by Yoshi; 11 Sep 2014 at 09:55 AM.