Page 15 of 329 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PlayStation Vita Thread

1. No one that has an iPhone is going to be "swayed" by a separate handheld device that just plays the same simple games.
    Now if by "casual" you mean mainstream gaming fans, then yes they'll be swayed by casual, popular games (ie: COD, Uncharted) but most certainly not the iPhone style ones.

And yeah Bacon, I was going to also add that I think the Playstation phone suite has the potential be much more successful than the PSP2. They're going to have to work on the controls though because I don't see direct PS1 ports working out too well on touchscreen-only interfaces.

2. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    No one that has an iPhone is going to be "swayed" by a separate handheld device that just plays the same simple games.
    Now if by "casual" you mean mainstream gaming fans, then yes they'll be swayed by casual, popular games (ie: COD, Uncharted) but most certainly not the iPhone style ones.

When did anyone ever say people with an iPhone would be swayed? There is a HUGE portion of people that don't have smartphones. There's also millions of kids whose parents won't buy them a smartphone but would love to get their hands on Angry Birds and every other shitty iOS/Android touch screen game. If you think those games aren't going to be a large part of the plan for Sony and Nintendo with their new handhelds I think you are being a bit short sighted on it.

3. You can already buy an iPod touch that plays all of those games and browses the internet and plays your music and is an apple product for like $150.

4. Exactly. No one would buy a PSP2 to play fruit ninja. The damn thing's gonna cost atleast 300+.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

5. The only thing I'm trying to say is it will make these devices more attractive. I think whichever one does it better will look better to the general public. Imagine how they will be viewed when they don't play those games? I can see the iPhone/iPod commercials now.

6. Apple does not give one fuck about the psp2 or 3DS

7. I hope you are right and I hope I am wrong. Those shitty games can stay on the devices with shitty controls. I will add that I thought the video of the PSP2 using the back touch panel looked pretty sharp. There could be some cool things to come out of that if developers get creative with it.

8. They won't.

Source:wii
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Glass Joe View Post
    The only thing I'm trying to say is it will make these devices more attractive. I think whichever one does it better will look better to the general public. Imagine how they will be viewed when they don't play those games? I can see the iPhone/iPod commercials now.
    It will affect absolutely nothing, because nobody is going to spend $300+ to play a port of Angry Birds or Flight Control or whatever other game they already own. Of course, the PSP2 will have it, because that's the direction Sony is moving in, but it's not going to sway anybody or make it any more attractive.

Handheld game devices like 3DS and this are quickly becoming niche devices. That might be a large niche, but most people will choose instead just to play whatever games are on their iPhone or whatever. Quality vs. convenience/price and convenience/price wins every time.

I mean, Sony has sold like 60 million PSPs to date. Apple sold 45 million iPhones last year, and 18 million last quarter. It kind of puts things into perspective.
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 27 Jan 2011 at 03:57 PM.

10. It'll be pretty attractive if you can buy those games once and play them on both your phone and your PSP2. That PS Suite isn't only for PS1 games, and it sounds like it may have a unified store account across any device that uses it.