Page 17 of 329 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PlayStation Vita Thread

1. I don't know about the PSP Go, but aftermarket iPod batteries are readily available on Amazon, complete with cheap plastic tools and near idiot-proof instructions. Of course opening the thing voids the warranty, but by the time you need a new battery that ship has sailed anyway. (Unless your usage habits are insane?)

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    So they're developing two separate proprietary memory card formats for this? That's pretty stupid.
    Sony loves their proprietary media.

3. Quote Originally Posted by The Gas View Post
    I don't know about the PSP Go, but aftermarket iPod batteries are readily available on Amazon, complete with cheap plastic tools and near idiot-proof instructions.
    You are deluding yourself if you think the average consumer cares.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post

I mean, Sony has sold like 60 million PSPs to date. Apple sold 45 million iPhones last year, and 18 million last quarter. It kind of puts things into perspective.
    Not really considering one is a phone that can game whereas the other is just a game system. More people need a phone than a gaming system so it's more of a Trojan Horse effect.

I was asleep in Mexico City when Sony announced the details of the "NGP," so I am late to the party, but this is essentially exactly the portable I want. It is a console with a screen for when I can't be at home with my PC/TV. I still wish it had an iPod Touch/iPhone relationship with the Xperia Play, but at least Sony didn't totally drop the ball Nintendo style. Sony basically took the PSP, corrected its most glaring hardware flaw (no second analog nub) and beefed up the horsepower to be, as John Carmack described, a full generation ahead of current smart phones, which roughly translates to one and a half or two generations beyond the 3DS. And Sony won't region lock like a bunch of idiots.

Apparently this thing is powerful enough to enable PS3 cross-platform play, thanks to UE3 commonality and it being "roughly 4x as powerful as any portable we've previously seen." Sign me up for this shit.

7. Why do any of you actually believe this? Playing your PS3 games on your portable is the same kind of shit Sony always says to hype their new hardware.

8. Kojima had MGS4 running on the system, as stated a couple days ago and shown at the conference. Why would I not believe that?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Apparently this thing is powerful enough to enable PS3 cross-platform play, thanks to UE3 commonality and it being "roughly 4x as powerful as any portable we've previously seen." Sign me up for this shit.

Which will be a boon for developers to recoup costs across 360, PS3, PC, and now PSP2. It might be dry on original titles though til hardware sales get moving.

$250 with ports of Last Guardian or Demon's Soul plz....

10. I'm calling a $300 - $350 price tag right now. I would NOT be surprised to see the 3G model be $400 either.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.