Page 19 of 329 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PlayStation Vita Thread

1. Here's the problem I see with the "take you PS3 games with you" concept: outside of maybe PSN games (and even there I wouldn't be surprised if each platform got its own distinct version), you're gonna have to buy the same game twice to do it. If you think they're gonna throw the NGP flashcard version in along with the PS3 disc for free, you're nuts. At best they'll be bundled together for ten or fifteen bucks less than buying them separately, and that's if Sony's feeling charitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. I think it's a stupid concept. I am much more interested in seeing the type of handheld focused games are specifically designed for it.

3. While handheld and console games aren't completely different, at least in a lot of cases, I still don't want to drag around something I'm playing at home with me. I want to get home to play it, but I don't want to actually be playing it while I'm out. I can understand that there are people who would view this differently, kind of like how I'll cheerfully drag whatever I'm reading around with me, but for games it's a different thing. Maybe if I had my tv and audio setup transported with me it would be different.

James

"handheld games" are now smart phone games. There's no reason to buy a separate device to play puzzle games and stuff like that.

5. Handheld games are so much more than puzzle/casual games. If you think otherwise, you are beyond help.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Please, enlighten me. Your "thoughts" are always fascinating to me.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I think it's a stupid concept.

There's always been a certain fascination with the concept, it's just never been pulled off in a practical, affordable way.

8. The concept sounds good in theory but sucks in practical applications.

Considering I had both a TE and a Nomad, and was happy with both (except for battery life), I'm probably not the right guy to ask.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Please, enlighten me. Your "thoughts" are always fascinating to me.
    Do you really want me to provide a list of handheld games that were not casual/puzzle games in the past few years? I thought you were better than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.