Page 29 of 329 FirstFirst ... 152527282930313343 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PlayStation Vita Thread

1. PS Vita? Sounds like something they sell at Taco Bell.

2. ArsTechnica posted a nice write-up.

I really am looking forward to the vitamin. I don't give a shit about Uncharted but I expect this thing to bring the fury.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    You're all deluded. Great systems? Sure. Silly names? Absolutely. Neo Geo. C'mon man. Gay.
    I like it because it has the meaning of New World, which, at the time, was uncharted at bringing arcade games to home. I don't mind Genesis or Playstation either, but I never liked Dreamcast or Turbografx 16.

4. neo geo neo geo neo geo neo geo neo geo.
    Silly.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    neo geo neo geo neo geo neo geo neo geo.
    Silly.
    Love it!

6. Neyo Geyeoh
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    PS Vita? Sounds like something they sell at Taco Bell.
    It better come with Baja Blast.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    It better come with Baja Blast.
    A sugar drink that sounds like a mascot platformer... Perfect together with a system that sounds like you eat it with a sugar drink!

This just in: Sony is capable of getting shit right after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Joystiq
    The PlayStation Portable's lack of a second analog stick has always been a problem for shooters. Sony Bend's Resistance: Retribution had a clever – albeit complicated – solution for this shortcoming: let players tether a DualShock 3 controller to the handheld. So when Sony showed off the game running in emulation on an NGP last month, with full use of that right thumb stick, we assumed there was some benefit specific to Retribution.

As it turns out, all PSP titles1 will be able to take advantage of that second analog stick, as well as other NGP enhancements. "All PSP titles that are currently available on the PSN can be played on the NGP," VP of product development at SCEA Scott Rohde told a crowd of game journalists. "And they'll take full advantage of the graphics smoothing capabilities of the system and the controls will be remapped to take advantage of the dual analog sticks."

While I can't say much about the graphics smoothing – it definitely looked like it was being zoomed up 400% – I can say that the second analog stick worked wonderfully in Retribution. The game originally mapped the right stick to the four face buttons. It's unclear how the tech will work with other games, and the representative we spoke could only say that the technology we were using was early. In fact, the sole NGP prototype that had the emulation software belonged to SCE's Shuhei Yoshida, who was taking it with him back to Japan that night.

We're hoping to learn more about how PSP games take advantage of NGP hardware at E3. Any specific questions or concerns, let us know in the comments.

10. That's all fine and dandy but considering that the NGP can't play UMD's and I'm not re-buying games I already own, I say Big Deal.