Page 5 of 329 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PlayStation Vita Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    There is no such thing as good portable games.
    Picross DS. I know it's not for everyone, but as a puzzle fanatic, playing this on the go or on the crapper has been pure joy.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

2. Quote Originally Posted by Klonoa View Post
    http://www.mcvuk.com/news/33063/PSP-...s-are-nonsense

"Clearly, being a quiet time of year, many, what we thought to be credible websites, are making up stories about PSP2, and how it allows you to teleport across the globe, travel through time, and will be powered by the horns of baby rhinoceroses," Sony explained. "Hopefully, you can sense a mild tone of sarcasm, which should hopefully indicate how 'on the money' IGN are. Needless to say, we don't comment on rumour or speculation, but this is nonsense."
    Just curious, did the story originally say what you've quoted verbatim? Because right now it says "a source close to Sony" which is not Sony PR.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    That is the most awesome official repudiation I've ever seen.
    It would be if it was official--it's a pretty good burn, worth breaking out the Kelso gifs for. But it's from a "source close to Sony," not Sony PR.

3. Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan View Post
    Just curious, did the story originally say what you've quoted verbatim? Because right now it says "a source close to Sony" which is not Sony PR.
    i actually got the quote from joystiq.com which linked back to the site that i posted up.

but you are correct, sources close to sony isnt sony itself. just thought i'd throw it out there.

but yeah, everyone knows if there is a psp2 in the works, it will have blue tooth and touch screen and all that faggy shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

4. I'm sure there's a PSP2 in the works. The questions are how likely it is to reach production, and if so, when.
    No gnus is good gnus.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Wait, what? Why would you not want built-in storage?
    I do want storage, I just think a card slot would be better for a portable. Better battery life, quicker access times, perpetually scalable memory size (If you need more memory, just buy a bigger card, or several cards), and most importantly, a more durable system.
    PSN = knarlockk
    Steam= kevinb150

6. some concepts done by some really bored peoples

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    No SRPG is better than FFT.
    FFT is way too old-school SRPG. Bigger and better ideas have come out since then. (Rondo of Swords, Wild Arms XF, etc.)

And I'll be SHOCKED if the next PSP isn't something like the above, as in touchscreen where the controls can be hidden to make it more portable media device-like.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

8. Those renders are very nice, but the designs are just bad.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    There is no such thing as good portable games.
    It's not so much that it's portable. The majority of my DS games fall under two categories: games I would probably not buy and play on a console, and/or some 2D sprite based game. So one is a game I don't want on a console but would be effective in the DS format (i.e. Ouendan), and the other is a game I won't have made available on a non-retro console. The DS fills two voids, if one can have such a thing as a gaming void.

With the PSP, I'm just like: why the fuck would you release God of War on that instead of the PS2? Same with Resistance Retribution. Why would you release any game on the PSP instead of the PS2 for that matter? So you're getting portable console games. Extraneous.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with this. There are cool looking games on it. You like it, get on with your bad self.
    Last edited by Gooch; 28 Jan 2009 at 11:03 PM.

10. The thing with Yoshi is that he has no need for portable gaming. I have a 30+ minute of commute in the subway so it is perfect time to play DS/PSP (or read). Some genres are better for portability (RPGs, etc). As much as I like DJ Max portable on PSP, that game is a nightmare to play on the train.