Page 7 of 329 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PlayStation Vita Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I think this has been said to be an earlier prototype of the previously revealed PS Phone

2. Joystiq says it's already been revamped from that build because of heat issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I think this has been said to be an earlier prototype of the previously revealed PS Phone
    I hope not, because that would mean the dumb fucks took the dual analogs away.

Quote Originally Posted by bVork View Post
    Only in Japan, where they tried to wait out this generation until a PS2-like juggernaut emerged by making portable games, and have consequently been left so far behind that they can only afford to make portable games now.
    He was referring to the DS, so the "only in Japan" is implied.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I hope not, because that would mean the dumb fucks took the dual analogs away.
    Not took away so much as replaced with touch panels. Which doesn't horrify me, at least in concept, though I haven't actually used them yet (neither have you!).

I am horrified. I have a phone with touch controls. Analog would have been a differentiator. Granted, buttons are a plus!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I am horrified. I have a phone with touch controls.
    Not like that, with a recessed center point, and a raised outer rim, for a good tactile feel of centering and range. It's not fair to compare their solution to a touch screen, and I wouldn't dismiss it without using it. I think it could work well and no one ever really loved the slider-stick solution of the old PSP anyway.

If anything, it reminds me of the old turbo touch. But not retarded because it's analog and not digitial.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 18 Nov 2010 at 03:59 PM.

Apparently, this is going to be announced on January 27. I can't wait to hear Sony try to bullshit how the PSP2, "Xperia Play" and the tablet all are part of some coherent strategy as opposed to boiling the ocean with a match.

9. They're all part of Sony's "three pillar strategy."

What it appears is that they are positioning the PSP2 as the "core" system, while the Xperia Play (I will never get used to that name) and the tablet will be for the more casual crowd. That's a bullshit strategy though, because people like you and me aren't in either of those groups. "Core" to me has come to mean the apes that buy every Call of Duty and Halo game, and there have been an increasing number of actually good "casual" games, especially in the puzzle genre. Since Nintendo doesn't want my money, Sony's back in the game though, so I guess there is some chance the Xperia Play and PSP2 could unseat the iPhone and now obsolete 3DS in 2010 for me.... until Sony says more stupid shit and saves me more money.