Page 19 of 236 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix watch instantly :: Recommendations Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    I learned a lot of stuff I didn't know before. The most surprising being that all that corn grown in Iowa isn't really edible.
    Well yeah, it's mostly feed and seed corn.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. Quote Originally Posted by DacaZ View Post
    I watched King Corn and liked it too.

Tonight I watched Cigarette Burns again. It's one of John Carpenters' directorial entries into the Masters of Horror series.

I've seen just about all the MoH series and most of them are pretty sucky and turn out like a glorified episode of Tales From the Darkside, but Cigarette Burns is a neat little production. Carpenter's son did the score too, which is very Halloween-esque.
    Cigarette Burns was quality Carpenter. Quite disturbing too. Too bad other Carpenter's directed episode of MOH, wasnt any good.

3. Watched the first 2 seasons of Weeds.

I liked it a lot, but they leave you with a big cliffhanger at the end of season 2 and the 3rd isn't instant yet.
    Boo, Hiss.

4. I love the end of season 2 of Weeds, I loved it so much that I stopped watching the show after that.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Mr-K View Post
    I love the end of season 2 of Weeds, I loved it so much that I stopped watching the show after that.
    You're not really missing much. It's been steadily downhill since then.

I've been watching Californication, great mindless entertainment before bed.

6. Quote Originally Posted by SpoDaddy View Post
    You're not really missing much. It's been steadily downhill since then.
    I think Weeds has been fine. Season 3 is as good as 1 and 2, it's just different.

7. Season 3 was good, but the wheels started coming off. Season 4 was weak, and Season 5 has been awful.

8. I liked Season 4 a lot, even better than 3, especially the stuff with Andy and Doug's Coyote Business.

The current season is kinda crappy though. Season 1 & 2 had so much shit going on in each episode, whereas nothing seems to really happen anymore and the good laughs are few and far between.
    Look out, man, Wooly's gone ape-shit.

Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    Watched the first 2 seasons of Weeds.

I liked it a lot, but they leave you with a big cliffhanger at the end of season 2 and the 3rd isn't instant yet.
    Quit while you're ahead. Seriously... it gets dumb as shit, really quick.

10. Quote Originally Posted by DacaZ View Post
    I liked Season 4 a lot, even better than 3, especially the stuff with Andy and Doug's Coyote Business.
    That was funny, but for me the series lost it's edge when Nancy became a completely random plot device rather than a coherent character. The first couple seasons were great because it was fun to watch a widowed housewife struggle to make ends meet by dealing drugs in the suburbs, while Andy and Doug ran their own scams on the same people. Now Nancy just runs around being stupid and getting knocked up by a Mexican drug kingpin, while Doug and Andy just hang around smoking weed in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by DacaZ View Post
    The current season is kinda crappy though. Season 1 & 2 had so much shit going on in each episode, whereas nothing seems to really happen anymore and the good laughs are few and far between.
    Yeah, it's pretty stagnant right now. The scene where Andy had to take the schizophrenic's virginity while surrounded by Hobos scratching their balls and shitting was the only thing that made me laugh out loud all season.