Page 215 of 236 FirstFirst ... 201211213214215216217219229 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 2353

Thread: Netflix watch instantly :: Recommendations Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    The splintering continues.

Criterion movies are to be pulled from Hulu on November 3rd. They're instead going to be part of the $11/month premium package for Turner's new streaming service, Film Struck:

http://www.filmstruck.com/

The service sounds awesome, but I'm not sure how many people are going to take on yet another ~$10/mo charge for it. I'm not even sure if I am.
    My question is will they get the full Criterion library or just the partial library like Hulu has?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. It can't be the whole catalogue because they no longer have any rights to some (maybe most?) of it at this point.

For almost double the price of a normal subscription, I'd expect more than what's available on Hulu. But the stuff missing from Hulu falls largely into two categories: movies they don't have the rights to stream, and movies they just released for which they don't want to cannibalize sales. So more movies would mean newer releases, and I'm not sure they'll go there.

3. Descision to collect Criterion laserdiscs = vilified.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    The splintering continues.

Criterion movies are to be pulled from Hulu on November 3rd. They're instead going to be part of the $11/month premium package for Turner's new streaming service, Film Struck:

http://www.filmstruck.com/

The service sounds awesome, but I'm not sure how many people are going to take on yet another ~$10/mo charge for it. I'm not even sure if I am.
    A lot of these networks aren't going to last. Maintaining a service like this is expensive and difficult — you only break even with a large scale. Many believe throwing up a network and hiring a few engineers is enough. It isn't.

5. Well, it's backed by Turner, so the resources are there. It's just a matter of how seriously they'll take it and whether people care about movies, which I have a feeling they don't. Turner's American Movie Classics channel started off looking something like Film Struck, but that wasn't sustainable and now are things on that channel that aren't A, M, or C. I foresee this going the same route, sadly.

I think I'll check it out. If you buy it for a year up front, it comes to $8.33/month including the Criterion channel. That's cheaper than any of the services I use now for something I'd use more than any.

6. A cable co up here tried to do one and just shut it down. I think it's the expertise that's lacking since most systems architects worth their salt are in notable Valley companies. To be fair a cable co. uses on demand more as a value add to reduce people dropping the service whereas Time Warner is more knowledgable about producing content.

WWE Network would be analogous. Their service has over 40 years worrh of back catalog for users to watch on demand -- the new stuff out does it by a wide margin (and the non wrestling reality shows are not even good). They started producing weekly Indy wrestling television shows and two big marquee events per month for their service. That worked they have about 1.7 million subscribers.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 12 Oct 2016 at 09:35 PM.

7. Christ, even cheesy shit like Kickboxer is getting in on the "soft reboot" action?

Vengeance actually wasn't bad, it's certainly better than any of the Kickboxer sequels starting Cody. It wasn't great though.

9. Any feedback on Colony?

10. You guys should check out Trash Fire, its a darkest of dark black comedy and it's really well written.