Page 230 of 236 FirstFirst ... 216226228229230231232234 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 2353

Thread: Netflix watch instantly :: Recommendations Thread

1. Action Mads!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Anyone here who has watched Russian Doll on Netflix? Lots of friends have recommended it to me already. They say it's similar to Groundhog day where the lead character wakes up reliving the same day but instead, she like, dies everyday.

3. I thought that was Happy Death Day.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

4. Happy Death Day 2U
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Love Death and Robots is an anthology animation series I’m really enjoying. The stories are pretty hit-or-miss (like any anthology) but I’m really enjoying the eclectic non-Disney animation and stories.

From cutesie robots to a prostitute running around a city full bush it’s pretty great range.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 16 Mar 2019 at 04:04 PM.

6. I watched the first two episodes the other day. The first one (monster gladiators) was kinda meh but the second (robot tourists) was fun. I'd watch more.

7. I actually thought the first one was a pretty tone-deaf initial entry—there's a much better 'vengeance of a survivor' story later on—done in 2D animation and steampunk. My favourite was is about yogurt becoming sentient. Most of the generic space marine ones are mediocre at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. Well, as pretty as it was, it was dumb as bricks. Like, is this truly all we’ve done with the cyberpunk genre, just rehash the same old nonsense over and over?

Like it’s fine and whatever but I’m just so exasperated with the fact that we have all this awesome technology to create this stuff and bring it to people and we’re still stuck in “wow check out that sexy generic Asian prostitute and fighting robot like I haven’t seen this exact plot one million times”
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

But says, vaguely human buyable waifus and husbandos is all humans really want.

There is interesting scifi there but it doesnt fit any current story trope so it will never get made. Futurama had a good comedy bit on it in regards to fucking robots and humanity being on the brink of extinction because that's all anyone wanted to do. Mass Effect had a Liara T'Soni which belonged to a single gendered alien species. Its implied that they some how project the perfect image of a mate to any alien and can only birth their own. So if a human bread with them, they would just rear another alien, slowly replacing humans are any other race that breed with them.

But also, those two bits of scifi are just bolted on. Star wars and star trek have mostly avoided the subject. Kirk wanted to fuck the aliens but would the actual outcome be? Twiliks are essentially space elf sluts but what does their culture look like? Sense they are heavily sexualized and prized for their appearance in sw's what is the out come of that in universe? Silence within these franchises.

There is good scifi to be had but no one will write it. Probably because sex makes us "all" uncomfortable.

Examples: a friend on facebook wrote a short story where a loser bought a sex robot but his depression was so bad and self esteem so low he couldn't bring himself to fuck it. They end up more like room mates with him eventually losing his job and the robot doing various online jobs using his ssn to pay the bills.

I've daydreamed two ideas on my own. One where a guy finds a broken sexbot with its sex routines completely deleted. So a robot that lives to make people happy but has to learn how to do so from scratch. It would probably end up very human. Another where the robots have risen up like the Terminator series, or maybe aliens are trying to conquer the earth, and what is essentially sex robots are the only thing that can save them. They're the only machines that love humans and the only machines loved in return except for a few exceptions with like men romanticizing their boats, cars, heavy equipment.

But hey, hey fuck all that. Put a green woman with massive tits in your film and never follow up on what the implications are for the narrative. It will sell action figures and ask nothing of the vewer.

Like, what scifi series actually dealt with this? Macross is the only one I can think of. It was actually a pretty big part of the story.