Page 7 of 236 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix watch instantly :: Recommendations Thread

1. Shit, my mother liked King of Kong

2. Inspirational documentaries:

Man on Wire
    The Agronomist

3. The guy from Man on Wire was on Colbert on Wednesday--he seemed like a really... strange, interesting man

4. One thing that sucks is the WI anime selection is crap.

5. I forgot to add to my list, 'Gonzo'. It's the Hunter S Thompson documentary that came out last year and was really really good.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

6. I watched King of Kong, and yeah, it was pretty great. Man on Wire was rad, too, but it had the advantage of having an exceptionally interesting and magnetic subject. It's hard to screw that one up. To me, Kong is even more impressive because it wins an uphill battle whereas Man on Wire shoots fish in a barrel. Kong transcends its relatively frivolous subject matter. Truly amazing direction, here.

Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    I forgot to add to my list, 'Gonzo'. It's the Hunter S Thompson documentary that came out last year and was really really good.
    I didn't even realize this was available to WI. It's in the queue for this weekend. Thanks!

7. There's actually another Hunter S Thompson doc on watch instantly called 'Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride' but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. It's rated extremely well though.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

anime is crap

I'm gonna watch True Bond and see how that is.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

9. How does the star rating system at Netflix work? I was looking at something and it showed 3.5 stars, but at the bottom it says that's for me, the member average is 4.5 stars. Why would I not want to see the real member average at all times?

10. Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    How does the star rating system at Netflix work? I was looking at something and it showed 3.5 stars, but at the bottom it says that's for me, the member average is 4.5 stars. Why would I not want to see the real member average at all times?
    The 3.5 is the review score of people with similar taste to yours. It's more realist than the over all score. That way you don't have to trust somebodies opinion on Pi who can't get enough of Air Bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr-K View Post
    Shit, my mother liked King of Kong
    I've yet to meet anybody who didn't like King of Kong. It's hard not too.