Page 208 of 236 FirstFirst ... 194204206207208209210212222 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2353

Thread: Netflix watch instantly :: Recommendations Thread

1. Netflix still has it's disc service. You want new movie releases, that's where there are.

2. I'd still be paying for that if they never started sending more unplayable discs than playable.

3. But Amazon has some new movie releases as well as decent original content...

4. While Amazon definitely has some great content I don't particularly enjoy the experience or model of being up-charged for new seasons. Keep it simple.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 16 Aug 2016 at 11:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Yeah, Netflix's draw is its exclusive shows. It's just another premium TV channel now.

It did largely give up on movies, but then so did we.
    I'd rather watch a 2 hour movie than a 12 hour Tv series.

Especially since most of those shows suck ass. I don't need to be part of "the conversation". Get off my fucking lawn.

Most of them suffer from comic book shit. Dragging and dragging it out.

I agree with Diff. Most of these shows suck ass. I mean, they are all so formulaic it's so boring.

It's not even the dragged out nature, though I guess that is part of it. All the beats are the same in every show. You can identify the written for women and written for men bits. It's just...it's tv. And you know Netflix has done the research and knows how to build a show by numbers, but it's like watching the same thing over and over with no heart.

I dunno. At least I've still got cartoons but the latest Steven universe and adventure time episodes have been all messagey/preachy.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 19 Aug 2016 at 10:43 AM.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

8. People want formulaic. It's comforting to know House is going to be wrong several times throughout the show, but then at the end something unrelated will happen and he'll have his "Eureka!" moment and save the day.

I guess. At least House was legit witty sometimes.

even stranger things lost my interest. The kids were the best part but there weren't enough of them.

My wife has been watching orphan black. I could not be more bored.

Formulaic is ok but these shows all seem to be using the same formula with different theming.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 19 Aug 2016 at 10:46 AM.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.