Page 223 of 236 FirstFirst ... 209219221222223224225227 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 2353

Thread: Netflix watch instantly :: Recommendations Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    I'm curious about what flaws you think are there. I agree, it had a couple, but for the most part I think it's nearly perfect. I watched it Saturday night, and then immediately again Sunday morning. I never do that.
    We wanted to make a No Witch cut. i think the mystery of the movie makes it interesting; there are in an unknown place and you aren't supposed to know where the threat is coming from or who is to blame. This is hampered by the reveal of the witch a few times (one of them right at the start) throughout the movie. If you cut out the naked old witch mashing up the baby and then using it to fly around, right after the baby disappears - and - the reveal of the witch hut and the kidnapping of the kid after he gets lost, it would make a lot of the intrigue the films creates more viable. I would also like to cut out the seance/witch party ending and just have it end with her walking off with black phillip.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

Disagree, the ending is legit. The other cuts would work.

3. Oh duder I want to see this edit of Witch W/No Witch, Thanks

PLEASE DO IT MAN

(I'll help)

4. Yo I just watched it. I don't know what mystery is added by removing the witch. Then you're just left with "dumb hicks can't survive in the frontier because they're crippled by superstitions. Religion." Having the witch as a present threat gives dread and this incomprehensibility of this evil. Plus you can pretty easily say "well this is obviously not reality, so what could the writer be relating through this metaphor of Witch".

I liked the movie people should watch it it's Halloweeeeen
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

5. I'm not saying remove the idea that the witch exists, just get rid of visually showing them until the end. The end is very explicitly showing the influence with the manifestation and the deal, even if you just have her walk off with a goat after the encounter, and end it there.

The problem lies in the fact of you being pulled outside of what the character's are experiencing because you have knowledge that they do not.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

6. Ya, I can totally see that. I'm with Josh though, your cuts would definitely work, but the ending is good in my opinion.

I just started Maniac, it's really good so far. Seeing Jonah Hill so thin is a bit odd, but I'm glad to see him get away from the goofy fat guy schtick, he's a good actor. The episode I watched last night had fucking Telly in it! I don't think I've seen that dude since Kids came out.

7. Here I am spinning the tires with Walking Dead only to find out a tonne of Monty Pyrhon stuff went up.

8. Monty Python is so good in measured doses. Reeaaaaallly drags if you try to watch a season at a time, as I learned when A&E was putting out sets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. yep, I'm forgoing the seasons and watching* the many docs and best ofs instead.

*mostly ignoring because I'm looking at a different screen but every once in a while I'll glance over, recognize something, say "ha!", and go back to working.

10. I've never really got Monty Python. I really like everyone in it and I can tell they are doing a good job but when it's on it's just like white noise to my brain????
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread