Page 234 of 236 FirstFirst ... 220230232233234235236 LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 2353

Thread: Netflix watch instantly :: Recommendations Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    produced by David Lynch
    uh oh... time for anime cyber-punk twin peaks.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

2. I don't know why I typed Lynch rather than Fincher but it's staying.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    There is no order of the show that was intended by the directors or anything like that here though, it's literally just a series of shorts produced by Tim Miller and David Lynch, they weren't trying to produce anything into a cohesive story or anything like that. You can watch it in whatever the fuck order you want and it changes nothing, so them playing with the order means nothing.
    It’s been pointed out but lol @ Lynch - I was gonna say, Lynch didn’t have a specific order !?!?

But seriously. Maybe these particular directors and creators didn’t have a cohesive order in mind (and if so, that makes me care about this show even less than I did already) but how long until we get a “recommended episode!” pop up for Seinfeld or whatever? I am not here for out of sequence data driven entertainment.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

4. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    It’s been pointed out but lol @ Lynch - I was gonna say, Lynch didn’t have a specific order !?!?

But seriously. Maybe these particular directors and creators didn’t have a cohesive order in mind (and if so, that makes me care about this show even less than I did already) but how long until we get a “recommended episode!” pop up for Seinfeld or whatever? I am not here for out of sequence data driven entertainment.
    It's literally a bunch of unrelated short animated films, kind of like those pixar shorts collections that you can also watch in any order. And it does not direct you to another show until you've watched all of the shorts, so that concept is dumb. Randomizing it makes sense in this concept as it can allow them to see which shorts sucked people in and which drove them away.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    There is no order of the show that was intended by the directors or anything like that here though, it's literally just a series of shorts produced by Tim Miller and David Lynch, they weren't trying to produce anything into a cohesive story or anything like that. You can watch it in whatever the fuck order you want and it changes nothing, so them playing with the order means nothing.
    Yeah I think it's a lot of tinfoil bs. Me and one of my coworkers who is gay were discussing this topic just yesterday. His thoughts were that none of the animated shorts were at all particularly queer—even the lesbian revenge fantasy ones felt extremely normative masculine to him so he's not really sure why reordering any of them based on sexual orientation would matter. It's more likely they have 1 or 2 orderings and they're intending to compare to see if one gets Group A to binge more episodes than Group B. These anthology make that easy to try.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. LD+Robots had a lot of great shorts, I'm surprised by the whole collection. There's some amazing animation sprinkled throughout (the camera work in The Witness is a standout). There's a lot of uncanny valley in the photo realistic pieces, but there's some brilliant stuff to see (Lucky 13 often pulls it off) and a few really creative and beautiful stories, my favorites being Zima Blue and Good Hunting.

In other animation, has anyone watched The Kirlian Frequency?

7. Again, my problem isn’t that they did it for this dumb one shot series. It sets a precedent for what they are working toward - which is “optimizing” viewing experiences for its consumers, and will undoubtedly fuck with creators intentions. Maybe this series it makes no difference, but there will be a point when it matters a lot.

And yeah the “gay” stuff was dumb as bricks, like I said, the cyberpunk genre has completely lost any semblance innovation or voice. Someone on twitter put it like this:

“Because the entirety of the "punk" aspect has been dropped as nostalgic technophiles just make media about how they think robots, neon, & eugenic transhumanism is cool & completely ignores the anti capitalist anti fascist aspect of what made any classic cyberpunk actually matter”

Which I agree with entirely. it’s simply a tech wankfest, including the algorithms embedded in the episode pattern, and we have no addition to the genre other than a throwaway piece of animation that probably cost millions to produce.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

Copies of copies

9. Netflix is on a bit of an animation rebirth with Rocko's Modern Life and Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus. Rocko was okay. Looks great, a lot of fun to see these characters again (I was a big fan during the original run) but it was rather boring. I didn't laugh much either so when the credits started I had that "That's it?" feeling. Invader Zim is the opposite. It's basically a 75 minute long movie (Rocko is 45 minutes) that is awesome from start to finish. Really funny and the animation is absolutely fantastic, some of the best out there. Netflix gave them a serious budget and it paid off.

10. Zim does a fantastic job in starting slow and giving you kind of a buffet of "What Invader Zim Is As A Show" before going off the rails.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!