Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lie to Me

1. Lie to Me

Not sure if anyone else has been watching this show, but I caught the first 2 episodes tonight and was really really surprised. It may be my favorite new show this season. Here's a brief synopsis:
    The main character, Dr. Cal Lightman (played by Tim Roth), detects deception by observing body language, and uses this talent to assist law enforcement with the help of his group of researchers and psychologists.
    It sounds a little mundane, but it's actually an extremely fun, and surprisingly funny show. And Tim Roth is damn good in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

2. I recorded the first episode and haven't watched it yet, it's on at a bad time.

3. Yeah, it's on at the worst possible time but I'll definitely be recording it every week.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

4. I checked out the first episode on Hulu a few days ago. Tim Roth's character is awesome but I would have liked to see less adherence to the standard police procedural framework. Whenever Tim Roth wasn't the focus I was bored.

5. I'm digging the show as well. Tim Roth is excellent. I like any show that teaches me to be a better liar.

6. I love Tim Roth and am enjoying this show so far as well.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. I'll have to get around to this. Between this and The Beast, I always watch The Beast.

8. This is much better than The Beast.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. So far this show has been good, its basically another House, with a cynical male lead and female sidekick to bring him down to earth. The only thing I would say this show needs to do is cut back on showing us close ups of people's facial expressions. They should just let the scene play out and let the viewer try to figure it out on their own rather than showing us every single time.

10. Quote Originally Posted by soundwave View Post
    I'm digging the show as well. Tim Roth is excellent. I like any show that teaches me to be a better liar.
    Made me think the same thing.