Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 81011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Kindle 2

1. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    There is a user manual on your kindle. It should tell you how to do the PDF thing. I'd be somewhat surprised if it didn't.
    This thing came with a small card on how to turn it on. The manual on this device doesn't say shit about uploading anything. It's kind of annoying.

That's pretty shitty. I'll check mine and see if it's any better.

3. Yeah, it says nothing about opening your files. Just how to get them onto your device. Seems like I'll have some Interneting to do today.

4. Hasn't the fire been rooted yet? I got the nook tablet but havent rooted it yet. Faster processor, more ram, and ability to make use of memory cards won me over from the Fire. The fire seemed like a great device if you were a huge amazon customer who always had wifi available.

5. It's a gift from my parents. If it were up to me I would've bought the tiny little $80 Kindle and be done with it. But my parents saved up and got something for me and I don't want to make them feel bad by returning it. I'll do what I can with it but it's mainly a reader with the option for me to upload movies on it. If i can't, I can do it on my EVO 3D so it's not that big an issue. I just rather know how than not know.

If you can help, I'd appreciate it. If you can't. Well, we'll be right in the same spot as before.

6. From what I just read from the top link when I googled "reading PDF on kindle fire" all you have to do is email your PDF to your kindle email address with "Convert" in the subject line, just don't use the quotes I added. There's no charge.

The charge only applies if it is delivered over 3G.

8. I'd rather avoid doing that. I'll see if there's an alternative but if there isn't I'll default to this.

9. It also said you can use the default kindle PDF reader to read them, but the adobe app that you can download works better. The only issues people had was reading PDFs isn't as smooth as reading e pub or whatever amazon books are and that if the PDF had any drm, then obviously they wouldnt open.

10. That's when a dude chimed in with the email thing and everyone was all hey that's great thanks.